Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been lurking around these forums for a while now. Got a call from a local(ish) dealer yesterday to say they had a Xcellence 2.0 TDi DSG 4drive available to test drive. This is the exact car I was after so off we went this morning.

Needless to say my husband and I both loved it. It's fast and responsive with a very well controlled ride. The only negative was that it was on 19" wheels and there was a bit of road noise. We have ordered it on 18" wheels so hopefully this will sort itself out.

We've gone for Lava Blue (which incidentally is a lot darker than the configurator leads you to believe), with pano sunroof , Seat Sound, heated windscreen, top view camera and virtual pedal.

The only downside is that they think it might be a 4-5 month wait. No quibbles over the £500.00 offer or the £250.00 voucher that I received. I will be part-exchanging my Yeti 4x4.

Now I have to sit back and wait!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Good to hear, well first you didn't get a bigger discount than I did but I didn't have the £250 coupon but I think that's only just appear. May be it was there in mid July. Not a bad discount given the interest in the car is climbing. I shall turn the volume up if I hear road noise :). Normally I don't drive the car without background music unless one is talking.

I went for the whole hog and ordered the Navigation Plus but that's debatable if you are using some other form of navigation or using full link for navigation purposes. I'm hoping to load up the speed cameras and get the beeps although I've read some debate on a German forum but they might not be doing that correctly. I have a suspicion you can only do this with the Navigation Plus, but I will be peeved if the warning sound beep option on POIs is now dropped. You can do it in the VW Navigation Pro which is the Seat Plus. I'm viewing that one as a luxury.

The same German forumn has been dissing the Seat Sound system although it is loved by Leon owners on a UK forum. I think they could be German audiophiles, so saying they just bought it for the holes to kit out with their own speakers. The speakers used are suppose to be a reputable make, Canton it was said for the Leon Seat Sound System, they do these in Skoda's so you can assume that is what they are. So if you are happy with the Yeti speakers I'm sure these will be just as good or better. Seat speakers 12 years ago were terrible, Skoda were regarded as good. Seat seems to have got it's act together with the Leon Mk3 on this one. The Mk2 ones were like the Altea terrible. I changed mine myself so I've been monitoring this one to see whether I needed to do another speaker "project". One plan was to extract my current speakers out. I've scraped that plan and I'm hoping the Seat Sound System ones are decent as Leon owners say they are.

The dealer wasn't in the North London, Essex or Herts area by any chance just in case I find I can't resist a drive in the car I've ordered ?. I should be a passenger in one next Friday, I think I won't try my hand at the gears been too long. Hopefully it might be the 150 diesel so as to gauge the ride and sound.

Was that an independent dealer per chance supporting the theory that independents are willing to discount whilst main dealers hold the line ?.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tell

It was an authorised dealer in Basingstoke. They took off the £500 without being asked and had no problem at all with the £250 voucher.

As to the sound system the car we drove just had the basic one which didn't sound too bad. I am hoping that the upgraded one is light years better than my Yeti's! Maybe Skoda have improved their sound system over the years but I have the "upgraded" system in mine which is just about acceptable and the original system in my first Yeti was truly awful!

I am being very loyal to the VW group - this is my first Seat but it follows 2 x Golfs, 2 x Beetles and 2 x Yetis!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Depends how good the Seat Sound System is on whether I start taking them out. It's sound like your original Yeti was like the Altea, those were your original paper speakers which give you the sound of a valve radio. The type you can push your finger through. Modern day speakers have a polymer cone. I suspect as long as they have a polymer cone they will be OK. Have upgraded myself all of my previous three cars speakers so I wasn't planning on doing this one, but we'll see. I was planning initially but changed my mind when I went for the enhanced system.

Fiat, Citroën and two Seats will be me. I drive them till they are into their old age.

City Motors. Think that's an independent looking at their website, authorised dealer, but not a chain franchise so fits the theory.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a nice spec you have ordered, shame about the wait but I am sure it will be worth it. Should get mine inside a month now, the 4 or so months since I decided the Ateca was for me has gone quite quick actually. These last few weeks may drag now though!

I got my £250 voucher today from the site. I will be asking when I have my test drive next week if I can use it. I shall expect a positive answer seeing as a few people seem to be getting money off now. Can but try! If not I will be expecting a serious discount on my diamond bright/autoglym and a tank of fuel thrown in!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Tell us how it goes, better see if I can print it out. Time limited ? .

Wait might not be that long if they can't make the 150s due to shortage of engines... I was pleased since I thought mine was going to be after Xmas. Three month from order to delivery isn't bad.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You can show it to them on the phone or print it out. It gives u a code to give to your dealer. t&cs read..

"This offer is valid until 3rd October 2016. Retail customers only. Only one voucher can be redeemed per new car sale. Cars must be ordered within 30 days of receipt of this voucher and registered by 31st December 2016."

I dont see any real reason how they could refuse it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Hmmm did you do less than or equal at school ;).

One can but try when you pay the balance or whatever you need to do. I'll get mine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can anyone post a link to the £250 voucher please i cant seem to find it, i already have the £500 off my order and a build day of next week so hopefully when i go in and have that voucher ill get a bit more off! Cheers in advance

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dont worry i found the vouchers and have emailed it to my dealership salesman. It says it can be used with any additional offers so can't complain at that and no reason why they wouldn't accept it if you use it before the 4th of October

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I will have the link please. Doesn't seem mobile friendly or IT have removed it. This morning it flashed up then changed to the £500 offer. Could be my use of advert blocker. A nice URL would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It was a pop up link when I went to the offers page on the uk seat website. You just click through and fill in your details and they send an email. I got it on my phone so do not think being on mobile is the issue.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tell, i googled Seat Full website (so it didnt keep taking me to my cookied mobile site) then it popped up

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks. I will have a go with my laptop when it's finished chewing over a bit of 24 hour processing. Dare not disturb it in case it crashes out.

I think it is cookies and pop up blocker on the mobile site. Probably only offers it once and never again. I know I saw it a week or so ago. Today on Firefox Android it flashed up then repainted it with the £500 test offer. Not at home I can't use the office computer.

Will try the Edge I don't have any blockers on that, then VPNs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts