Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I see Seat are offering "deals" if you place an order, have a test drive etc.
I wonder if these will actually happen, if they cannot supply the car before a deadline !
Looks like I will have lost the £1000 discount and will have to pay UK road tax! On a car ordered on January 9th . I hope others have better look but still looking forward to getting the car... Eventually!

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is pretty annoying (particularly the one which ran before xmas but was pretty much impossible to guarantee delivery) but the current offer requires cars to be registered before 30th June which is a bit more generous and viable.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I ordered my car back in August using the £500 test drive + £250 pop up voucher from the SEAT website. They were supposed to run out at end of December, however SEAT said they would still honor the discounts. It might be worth checking direct with customer services for people ordering now. Once one voucher/discount ends they seem to start another similar so maybe allow for this, worth checking, as shy bairns get nowt as they say :lol: I also got £100 towards extras added due to the delay :p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our new car was ordered in December, just before the price rise and before the cutoff of the £500 test drive offer. The £250 website voucher apparently had to be used (i.e. included on an order) by the end of 2016. I don't have a delivery date yet, beyond a vague "early to mid March".
I think I might need to chase the dealer and check that these discount offers will be honoured... the part-ex value for the Big Green Bus was disappointing, but we considered that it was 'topped up' to something like an acceptable level by the combined offers. There will be deep unhappiness if they turn out to have been revoked...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rumi Rob said:
...Looks like I will have lost the £1000 discount and will have to pay UK road tax! On a car ordered on January 9th.
Rumi Rob: As suggested by Kindness, do check with your dealer. I was in a similar situation. Ordered a week after you. My build is this week (8). My dealer (although he's now left for pastures new) said that Seat confined any order up to build week 8 will have the £1000 discount honoured and should be delivered by end of March.

This depends if you've a build week up to 8, as you're expecting delivery by end of March, it sounds like you have/do.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will pick my car up on 1st March and I am using vouchers that expired in December. I placed my order in September.

My advice would be to go in with "I placed the order with these vouchers and I expect them to be honoured" and make it clear you won't back down, as it is not your fault that the car cannot be delivered in time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just dropped an email to the dealer:
While writing I also wanted to confirm that the two discount offers (the "£500 off when you test drive" offer and the "£250 off website coupon") are still valid and will be honoured by SEAT on delivery. While I'm not expecting a problem, there has been some concern in the customer community that given the somewhat extended lead times for the new Ateca - based on what appears to have been seriously underestimated demand for the car - some SEAT offers which were available at order have expired before vehicles have been delivered to their new owners.
We'll see what the response might be... I tend to agree with Sidelight's view that delivery delays should be the responsibility of SEAT in that situation!

Update a little later:
Just had a call back from the nice man, who confirmed that the deal hasn't changed and that the offers are still valid. So that's OK then! He's also just told me that the car was built 10th Feb, and is currently waiting at port of exit to go on a ship to the UK sometime in the next few days. Woohoo! :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Several dealers told me that theybhad already factored in the £500 test drive voucher when I asked about it at the time they priced the car up. Thought it was 'my' voucher and needed 'me' to teat drive a Seat?

They advertise that you can buy 'any' new car and need for the car to be pre-registered before (end of?) March is a bit of misrepresentation surely eg it is impossible to order the 1.4 petrol in time-frame given in the offer and for the voucher to not be expired.. so the advert should state that it does not apply to the 1.4 (they do know the lead times surely) ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me personally had good discount from dealership and did'nt have no £250 voucher or take a test drive for the £500 pound off. Had nearly £2000 grand off price so obviously they incorporated these into discount price, but neither of us mentioned the offers. ;) . Great believer in if you don't ask you don't get. :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just to recap on this subject, when you all signed and payed deposit, did'nt you all get a copy of the price you would be paying for the car, so you wouldn't expect seat to go back on the original price given when you turn up to pick up and make the final payment. :?:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes when I was pricing up a new car I got quotes from various brokers/dealers etc and then took off the voucher deal I had (£1000 off). However when pressed all brokers & dealers said that their quote already assumed the discount so the final price could only go one way - up!

Basically this meant only a tiny discount from the dealer on a new order and the rest of the discount made up by SEAT. It was one of the factors pushing me towards an ex-demo - I saved £4000 and got the car 4 months earlier compared with a new order as the discounts basically weren't there to a significant degree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts