Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen any mention on this site of the availability to owners of VW group vehicles to access the official workshop manuals and data from SEAT. The system is called "erWin" (Electronic Repair and Workshop Information) and available at https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showHome.do

While this is a paid for service, the fee is small and you can have varying times of access e.g. 1 hour at 7 Euro or 24 hours at 30 Euro and gives you full access and printing rights to the information that dealer service departments have. You need to register but this is available to independent garages and private individuals. I have registered and will have a look by purchasing the one hour access fee.

If only all car manufacturers were as open minded about access to technical information we would not need to go looking for pirate versions of software. :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Metalsman thanks. I had been looking at free material and bumped into scamming sites for email addresses so didn't take that any further. The SSPs are good for the systems information.

I would be interested to know when you enter the paid period whether they are like Hayes Manuals, how to get at various bits and bobs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I paid for 1 hour access and print rights to the SEAT erWIN system. The cost was 7.00 Euro plus VAT.

I have to say that has been the best 7 Euro I have spent on anything. Firstly, I entered my VIN and it printed out everything including options about my own vehicle. Next, I downloaded all the repair and maintenance information (it is in pdf format) that I wanted for my Ateca. Now this is not vehicle specific but information for the whole Ateca range. This is valuable for, say, removing your front bumper or carrying out a generic task on the car. Personally, I only want this information because, as a retired engineer, I want to know how my car is built. Also being armed with this information means that you go prepared into the dealer at service time aware of the systems on your car - in other words he cannot pull the wool over your eyes.
If you want information specific to your vehicle you have to go into the online repair service and you can view the very latest up to date repair information for your vehicle. This is exactly the same system as your dealer will use. Personally I would only use this bit of the system if I would be doing repair work on my car and I don't intend to do that until the warranty is up. The system is very specific - you can only use Internet Explorer as a browser when using the online repair system. I went into it using Firefox and it came up with an error message - should have read the instructions at the start!
There is also access to training materials that can be downloaded but the list for the Ateca is limited at present.

If you want to carry out your own diagnostic work there are very specific requirements you need - further licences, software etc. These have to be purchased at additional cost.

I would recommend this system to anyone - it is up to date with the very latest information on your car including service requirements and recalls. If you, like me, want to understand the workings of your car why pea about looking for pirate copies somewhere on the web when you can access the real thing for very little cost. You can have a look around the system for free but you cannot download or print anything (except a complete list of VW recommended and approved oils).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks Metalsman. Yes the penny sort of dropped where the SSPs were coming from when I saw the SSPs were on the site. There is a missing Ateca SSP which I wouldn't mind reading. I think I have the rest.

It is a small cost as you say and thanks for the tip to go in via Explorer. I will follow what you did. I like to know how the car works as well and have a bit of a tinker at the things I can do which make it "better". It's probably quite cost effective against a Haynes manual which was your de rigueur source in the past but published a few years latter.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
No didn't block the card but didn't go any further since it wants the street address in German form but never said so, reverted to self help.

Needs

Street, no

I'd decided it just wanted the house number and would use the postcode, nope.

Bit manky screens stumbled back in with a registration form taken from an unlogged in Firefox back to Explorer which then allowed me to edit the registration which then took the payment. There is a Logoff button somewhere. I did see other people saying that had to set up many accounts and Windows logins. Get the registration perfect and should be fine. Need to fiddle with registration details cut and paste the screen index in.

OK times up. I did what Metalsman did. The repair PDFs lurk under Individual Vehicle Information, Repair Information. The SSPs are the option above. Ran out of time getting all the SSPs. Seem to have them all but timed me out when I left this menu options. These are the Seat SSPS.

I don't think the VIN gives you anything too different from http://nemiga.com on the units the car was built with. It's the manuals, all 30 Ateca repair manuals you won't get from the spares catalogue (468 MBs of PDFs) and access to the SSPs for bedtime reading etc. The other screen to the left for specific tasks (vehicle specific information) doesn't give you PDFs as I could see so you would soon run out of paid time as you page down browsing. Do have 200mb connection which helps.

Might be worth going back into the system prior to a service to look for software updates etc so as to ensure you get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts