Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

Im still waiting for my Ateca. Waited for 5 months now, and i still dont have a production date.

Does anyone know, what number to call, if i wanna talk to SEAT in spain? So i can have a update on my car.

I have bought my car in Denmark, but the danish car dealer, cant help much.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If you want to contact SEAT Spain, this is the website

http://www.seat.es/compania/contacto.html

However, I agree with Leon, it would be better to call SEAT Denmark. I expect that is what SEAT Spain will tell you to do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The company handling Seat (and all other VW Group cars) import into Denmark aren't willing to put their asses on the line it seems. I take it they're either all belts and suspenders about giving false hope, or they just don't give a shit. Either way they need wake up to the fact that their customers expect more transparency and access to info.

Cars are extremely expensive here, and even if margins aren't as impressive, they need to do better. It's just so unbelievably unsatisfying to allocate a fortune, order a car, and then have to wait in the dark for a half to a whole year for a call. It's rediculous.

We're pushing to get our car, which we were originally promised to receive by april/may, in time for our summer vacation in july. Our dealer tells us the importer won't/can't really give any set date for when our car will be on the production line. Which I found really hard to believe, initially. We didn't order a freaking piece of art that Seat needs to conceive and figure out. They already figured it out, they have the blueprints, they already figured out what suppliers to use and they know how to put it together. And since VW is a major player, with all the advantages that gives you on the market, something must be horribly wrong with the way they handle logistics, when they can't deliver even a somewhat credible guestimate on what happens when on their production lines.

OK. Vent over.

Good luck calling Spain. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's bizarre that all the cars are made by the same company, in the same factory, yet there are such crazy variations in lead times between various countries. Others have commented on other threads about shortages of this or that component (the 1.4 TSI engine for instance) leading to extended waits for certain models, but you wonder why VW group can't up the production of those components to compensate?

The UK dealers, thankfully, seem a bit more clued up than some of the European ones mentioned, I'm tending to hear every couple of weeks from 'my' dealership (in Bristol, England) about the state of things and they respond quite rapidly when queried directly - I got a callback within an hour of sending an email the other day for instance. If I was looking at a 5-6 month wait with no meaningful communication... I'd be cancelling the order and buying something else!

I suspect VW group have been surprised by the level of demand for what is really a fairly niche vehicle, and the supply pipelines are so complex and deep that they can't seem to ramp up production to keep up with demand. Of course another view might be that by restricting supply they are keeping discounts low and maximising profits on the units they do sell, but 50% profit on X is still a lot less than 40% profit on 2X, as it were. Treating customers for a pretty expensive luxury good like mushrooms isn't great particularly in an age when people expect instant feedback and to be kept up to date with what's going on!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
sounds like the UK should count their blessings .....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Saggy said:
Certainly seems that way. Obviously I'm not privy to internal discussions within SEAT/VW, but I wonder if either the UK organisation has got a bit stroppy with senior management or they see the UK as a major strategic sales target territory for some unclear reason?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
PaulT00 said:
Saggy said:
Certainly seems that way. Obviously I'm not privy to internal discussions within SEAT/VW, but I wonder if either the UK organisation has got a bit stroppy with senior management or they see the UK as a major strategic sales target territory for some unclear reason?
prioritize us before Brexit incase can't after lol ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Saggy said:
[snip]
prioritize us before Brexit incase can't after lol ?
possibly... but it's going to be a couple of years before that takes effect whatever happens...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts