Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Girls...

Am i Missing something here?....

Seat are offering £1000 off with a voucher from their website for new cars...

I have had my car on order since November due for delivery February?... Would i be entitled to this discount as i have not yet taken delivery?...

I'm sure there is a catch like the cars have had a price rise etc... but has anyone had any success confronting their dealer about this?...

I only laid... £400 deposit.... so id seriously consider threatening to walk away and renegotiate a deal with £1000 off?... leaving me £600 better off?...

i'm probably missing something and being stupid lol....

Regards

Adam

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You probably go back to the end of the queue if you get your deposit back, but didn't you get your £500 discount so the price rise and bigger discount means nothing, plus the fact you have to take delivery by the of March.

I reason the bigger discount and price rise as just a smoothing tool to put in a price rise without effecting sales. It's just cosmetic.

·
Registered
280 Posts
In real terms you could actually be worse off, as I assume you got the £500 "test drive voucher" and also another £250 discount from their on-line configurator.

At first glance it might appear that with the latest £1000 'saving' you would therefore be £250 worse off, but of course the price rise would have been much greater than that, so as Tell implies, it is just another gimmick to hopefully encourage a few more folk to place an order in January, which I think is traditionally a fairly quiet month.

If I were you I would just 'sit tight' as hopefully you new car will arrive sooner than you expect... have you asked SEAT for an updated 'build date' recently, as if not, you might just be pleasantly surprised? :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you check around, places such as Autotrader have Ateca's for sale (at inflated prices) which will be available to buy from January. These are the only ones that you'll stand any chance of using the discount voucher against. Configure your own now and you won't get it before the end of March, so the discount voucher will be of no use. It's pure marketing bollox to get rid of some Seat cars before the end of the financial year. Stick with what you have chosen, don't fall into the marketeers trap! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great Thankyou Guys/Girls.....
I knew it wouldn't be all plain sailing I just had to settle my mind on that one.... I did manage to get the £500 test drive off and the £250 configuration.... so I didn't even think I was just looking at another £1000 as greed factor hahahah.... my build date has now been moved to week 3... they reckon mid February delivery however iv asked my dealer to delay until 01st March for new plate :) All the Best and Happy New Car Year!....

·
Registered
280 Posts
So far as I can see week 3 is looking like "UK Ateca week" at the SEAT factory, as there are quite a number of us on here who have been advised that theirs will be built that week... and most seem to want to wait until 1st March before it is registered though!

Let's just hope that our build date doesn't slip by too much however, as like you I have also advised my dealer that I don't want to take delivery until then, to which he has agreed.

It is going to seem like a long 3 months though! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Speaking of discounts what was the typical level of discount negotiated with the dealer that folks here got for a customised build?

I am not taking finance and the original dealer offer was laughable at about 1% on a £35k order.

I finally got 9% via a broker but had to pay circa £300 in broker fee, so just over 8% ultimately.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you're paying cash, then the dealer can't get any more money out of you. If you part exchange, the offer on your car will probably be derisory, thereby effectively getting more money out of you. With finance etc, it all depends on what rate the finance is based upon. So even with a 'good discount', you'll still be paying more for the car than paying cash for it. If I can't pay cash for something, I won't buy it. That's how I base things ( excluding houses of course!).

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you are trading in a car which was purchased under a PCP agreement I guess that most folk would be happy if the part exchange offer at least covered the settlement figure, although of course some models depreciate quicker than others!

That is what I was offered (after some hard negotiations) and then approx. a further 7% discount on the Ateca.

Being such a popular car at the moment however, with a high demand, there is not the incentive for SEAT, or indeed the dealers themselves, to offer the level of discounts you you normally expect to get on a new car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
AndyE14 said:
Speaking of discounts what was the typical level of discount negotiated with the dealer that folks here got for a customised build?

I am not taking finance and the original dealer offer was laughable at about 1% on a £35k order.

I finally got 9% via a broker but had to pay circa £300 in broker fee, so just over 8% ultimately.
That sounds like Autoebid. - Almost identical to my experience after Dealer wouldn't offer for than £500 discount I've ended up with over £2300 which is 9% :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My discount experience is a bit of a long one.... But.... I basically asked for the SE Tech.... so the sales guy went away to work on figures, with the £500 test drive off and £250 configurator off.... I was happy with their figures as they covered my neg equity on previous car. All went through and I was about to sign forms to realise the figures they had quoted me were in the SE and not the SE Tech.... I left the ball in their court and basically got the upgrade to the SE Tech for free!..... then.... the story unfolded and I changed my mind and wanted the Xcellence... so I got the Xcellence with the previous discounts applied.... all in all approx £2000 in savings :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
There are more generous discounts up north which I suspect yours is one of them. At the time of launch the country wide rate was the £750 figure if you got them to take the £250 coupon as well. Others got the £500 and missed the coupon. Pre launch you could get whatever the dealer was offering, I got £1,000 from a family owned business in the home counties, the chains were deaf to discounts and wouldn't entertain anything other than the list price least in London and the SE. The chains were just frustratingly annoying and the Internet sites published fantasy discounts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I looked at getting into this over Xmas but the small print is that the car needs to be ordered before 23/1/17 and registered before 31/3/17. The latter condition is going to be very hard to meet on a factory order at this point. So this "offer" seems to be almost unattainable unless you manage to get something that already has a build slot allocated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All

Just placed an order for a 1.4 TSI Xcellence, due march at earliest

Ordered with black metallic, Xcellence pack, heated windscreen and 19" wheels

All told just shy of 24,600, after negotiating

Pleased, as have effectively gained all the extras stated for only 160 pounds more than MRP for base 1.4 Xcellence

Anyone have similar build?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts