Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of Seat's 'grand' discount when I ordered my SE Tech and did make quick mention to the salesman about its cut off date after he'd given me the estimated delivery schedule.
My view is that, as I placed my order within their time limits, then if they fail to make delivery before their cut off date it's their problem, not mine and they should honour the discount.
Any thoughts peeps? 🤔🤔

·
Registered
290 Posts
A lot of dealers tell customer they have used the vouchers for the wonderful discount they give you and the voucher not mentioned on the invoice. My dealers told me to go elsewhere if I wasn/t happy with this so-called discount discrepancy . There was no way the car would arrive in time. Next time I will!

Personally i think it is mis-selling / breach of advertising regs if there is no way a car would arrive in time. At best sneaky marketing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer said they would honour the £1,000 if the delivery is after the end of September, which is likely the case for me. This is based on trust, rather than being in writing though...

·
Registered
130 Posts
That said, I've just checked my invoice and the discount is priced in, so as far as I'm concerned I'm paying the balance due, as the agreement is between the dealer and the buyer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
my dealer wouldn't say that they would honour the deal, as the deal is offered by Seat UK. that said, yes luca is right that the deal with the dealer is the price inclusive of the £1k, so the best I got was the dealer to allow me to pull out and get my deposit back if the car wasn't going to be delivered by 30 Sep (something I got him to put in an email).

I contacted Seat UK and they wouldn't say anything about honouring the discount. that said, build week has come in at week 22 in about a fortnight's time, so delivery is estimated at end July/ early August. As the risk is now quite low, I'm not persuing it with them any more.

ps5108 - when did you put your order in? do you have a BW yet? (my dates are in my sig)

·
Registered
75 Posts
My initial delivery estimate is 30/09/17 (I don't have a provisional build week yet) so any delay would take me out of the validity period for the £1k discount.

My dealer said it would be honoured (I don't care whether that's them replacing the corporate discount with their own as long as the price for me isn't affected) as a delay wouldn't be my fault.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I asked my dealer about too and he said it wouldn't be a problem (not that I would take a sales persons word as law) but the discount has been factored into the invoice. Due to get mine September time

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi kee,

I placed my order on the 9th of May and was told "Delivery in 12 to 16 weeks". Ignoring the week I ordered, 12 weeks takes me to the 7th of August and 16 to the 4th of September. That gives three weeks plus of 'grace' before their end of September cut off.

I've just checked my order form and the £1000 has been allowed in the figures.

Hopefully, there won't be any grief come August/September time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention; haven't made any enquiries yet about build date etc. Think I'll leave that for a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
ps5108 said:
I've just checked my order form and the £1000 has been allowed in the figures.
'
Just out of interest, those who have said the £1000 has been allowed in the figures - did they use the list price of the car - i.e. your invoice is £1000 off list? Or did they discount the car on the invoice and then take a further £1000 off?

·
Registered
188 Posts
It was off list price

·
Registered
130 Posts
For me the invoice has the £1,000 Seat offer plus the dealer's discount added up together taken off the list price.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's a funny shade of white! Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI Nikki,

I have ordered from the same dealer, and was wondering if you had any update on your build?

Nikkijamie said:
This is how mine is listed
IMG_3962.JPG

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haven't heard a thing but he did say middle to end of august so aren't expecting any info for at least another 5 weeks or so

·
Registered
42 Posts
Great thank you. If you do hear any news could you give me a shout plz, I will do the same of course. I ordered from Matt a week after you and was quoted 20-21wks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Nikki, just got a call from Matt saying mine in in the country and ready to pick up :D :D :D :D
Nikkijamie said:
Haven't heard a thing but he did say middle to end of august so aren't expecting any info for at least another 5 weeks or so

·
Registered
166 Posts
SheepyGooner said:
Hi Nikki, just got a call from Matt saying mine in in the country and ready to pick up :D :D :D :D
Nikkijamie said:
Thats good news i know i had an extra few weeks due to tow bar and seat sound, have you picked up yet and how was the handover

1 - 19 of 19 Posts