Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been a long time BMW driver, and recently felt that their customer service has just vanished! We were at my local Seat dealer over the weekend and we are almost certainly buying her an Ibiza FR, then as we were walking back to the car, she pointed out an MY20 Ateca FR (2.0 FSI) and i have been back today and taken it out for a drive, and I have to admit I was really pleasantly surprised! Not to mention the customer service of the dealership!

What real word MPG are people seeing from the Ateca? Also compared to my previous cars it seems to have a very small fuel tank (55L) compared to my current car. Any particular things I should be watching out for?

Many thanks
RatPC

·
Registered
281 Posts
Back in 2017 I too had BMWs (3 and 4 series 3.0 diesels) for many years - last one felt as though build quality/plastics were getting cheaper and I couldn't justify their SUV money. My test drive back then was an Xcellence and it felt fairly "Audi" to me inside the cabin, whilst accepting that hard plastics are used lower down on the doors etc. and ambient lighting was in the front only.

I was happy to go manual on seat adjustments (no electric seat with memory back then) but the overall spec back then wasn't sacrificing much to my mind. I find the cruise control switches on the levers is more fiddly than BM's, but that's not a huge deal....and it could well be different all these years later!

Not sure my MPG will help much as it's a 2 litre 4-drive diesel with a manual gearbox (engine nosier than BMW diesels) but I'd say 45 on a long run. The taller car also makes more wind noise on motorways and some tyre noise...but I've still got the car, so can't be all bad! :)

Customer Service also good, but that's down to the individual dealers. Hope this is of some use. I suppose the question could be; "Would I buy another?"...and that would be a "yes".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in 2017 I too had BMWs (3 and 4 series 3.0 diesels) for many years - last one felt as though build quality/plastics were getting cheaper and I couldn't justify their SUV money. My test drive back then was an Xcellence and it felt fairly "Audi" to me inside the cabin, whilst accepting that hard plastics are used lower down on the doors etc. and ambient lighting was in the front only.

I was happy to go manual on seat adjustments (no electric seat with memory back then) but the overall spec back then wasn't sacrificing much to my mind. I find the cruise control switches on the levers is more fiddly than BM's, but that's not a huge deal....and it could well be different all these years later!

Not sure my MPG will help much as it's a 2 litre 4-drive diesel with a manual gearbox (engine nosier than BMW diesels) but I'd say 45 on a long run. The taller car also makes more wind noise on motorways and some tyre noise...but I've still got the car, so can't be all bad! :)

Customer Service also good, but that's down to the individual dealers. Hope this is of some use. I suppose the question could be; "Would I buy another?"...and that would be a "yes".

Hey thanks for your reply!

So i have had a few 3.0D BMWs ( 5 series) and currently have a 320D Touring (i thought i would try and save fuel, but this uses more than my 30D did) and have had an X5 in the past too. The big plus for me is the Local Dealer are really good for Seat, and they have put up with my random questions / queries and i can get to them in say 20 minutes as opposed to an hour for BMW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts