Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our Ateca in late September - SE Technology.
We have done a fair bit of miles on it already - 9500, and we have an alert that an oil change service is due.
Being a diesel, we thought this was a bit early, and we would get more miles out it before requiring an oil change and service.

I've tried to read up a bit on it - and the data sticker for the car shows is as QI6 build, which I believe (from reading something on this forum) is a longer service interval build.

When I phoned the service department of the seat garage, they just said it would be a first service and will cost £189 plus vat.

Has anyone else had their Ateca showing oil service due - is this normal for only 9500 miles??

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
On my last car a seat altea diesel servicing was every year or every 10000 mile and a warning light would come on . Only up to 1000 so far on my ateca

·
Registered
979 Posts
This has been discussed before but I think the standard service is every 10000 miles so that will just be an early automatic warning that one is due soon. Best get it booked in :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
cdeith said:
We bought our Ateca in late September - SE Technology.
We have done a fair bit of miles on it already - 9500, and we have an alert that an oil change service is due.
Being a diesel, we thought this was a bit early, and we would get more miles out it before requiring an oil change and service.

When I phoned the service department of the seat garage, they just said it would be a first service and will cost £189 plus vat.

Has anyone else had their Ateca showing oil service due - is this normal for only 9500 miles??

Thanks
'
Wrong advice from garage. They should have asked what type of driving you've done in those 9500 miles. If in the main, your journeys are over longer distances (when the engine has had time to warm up, and you've mainly stayed at constant speed (ie you're not normally caught in heavy stop/start traffic, then as your car was setup for long-life service intervals, then you dont need to have your car serviced right now.

A point for everyone to note. Why is it that services in the first 3 years are more costly than services after that? It really should be the other way round as there are more things to check in later life. The 1st service is basically an oil + filter change and air filter change. It's all a bit of a con really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....
I'm just a bit puzzled as not even at 10,000 miles and telling me oil service is due.

Is it right then that the QI6 means that the car itself will determine when a service is due based on the driving conditions of the car?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep, according to the service manual QI6 is flexible servicing so up to two years/20,000 miles (well, 30,000 km). But as others have discussed on here the car is intelligent enough to determine style of driving/use and will advise accordingly (or so I believe).

Ref - Service Manual Q codes:

Font Number Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Press car button then settings. Scroll down to service. Tells you on there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What the car comes out with from the factory is stamped on the configuration sticker that's attached to the inside front cover of the service manual.

What the car is actually configured with is in the settings as Kindness points out (variable service can be re-coded to fixed service by dealer - or that was the earlier discussion on this forum).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Booked in for tomorrow for oil change. £119
Spoke to someone in the service department who actually knew what I was talking about, He said prob best to re-program it to fixed servicing.
Will see how it goes tomorrow!
Thanks for everyone's help

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just a quick reminder for anyone who took delivery of their car in March. You've got possibly just a week left to take out the service packs available to cars upto 3 months old. Time to consider options

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lease a SEAT ATECA with the Ecomotive 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine, and the car is telling me that it is due for an oil service NOW.
The Mileage is 9432.
I contacted the SEAT dealer as the car is owned by Volkswagen Leasing, and they insist that the oil service is done.
The dealer says that it is too early at this mileage, but there is a picture of a spanner on the dash and the words "OIL SERVICE NOW".
Surely the car is programmed to know when it requires an oil service?
I have to service the car as per the requirements of SEAT, as this is a requirement of the lease.
Why is it that SEAT say one thing and the car say's something else?
This smacks of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts