Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, delighted to see that some of you are getting your Atecas delivered, looks like I still have 5 months to go! My question... do forum members think that fixed price/ up front servicing is worth it?
My dealer has quoted £378 for 2 years 24000 miles but as my pcp deal is fixed for 9000 miles per year I'm sure I would save by simply paying cash for each service? What would an annual service cost anyway? Thoughts please !
As I've already written, it's this forum that is keeping my interest alive in the long wait!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not sure what the total cost is but I'm paying £16 per month for the next 3 years and that covers 3 services. I also get 15% (or maybe 10???) off any additional parts they may need, which I hope I won't have to use. Ultimately that's nearly £600 however I prefer to pay a bit per month rather than have to stump the full amount in one go every year.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think you will find the fixed price services costs online or you can ring up your dealer and ask. Outside of the warranty cover period the useful free addin if you book services online or take out the service option online is the free Seat breakdown European cover.

Now these new Seats also have the two year VW long service plan which I suspect some PCP people will go for. They are frowned on by the likes of Honest John on the basis that the car needs tender annual care. If you have bought it outright you are more likely to go for the loving care approach to the vehicle rather than let problems go undetected for two years.

I've always had my cars on an annual oil change. Seat run to a major / minor fixed service plan if you go for this option. Those buy in advance service plans are on this basis and give you a cost saving, plus if you keep the car and keep it up beyond three years and book online the free European breakdown recovery as well.

It is definitely cheaper to buy the three years in advance.

Page here that covers the two year options

http://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat/servicing-maintenance/fixed-price-servicing.html

There is a three year option as well, may be on the Ateca price list. That's what I'm on free after they missed out the wireless charger from the build. It's about £500 from memory.

Annual oil and filter change or at 10,000 miles x 3.

+ annual or at each 10,000 miles

Screen wash and anti freeze top up.
Pollen filter change where required
Fuel filter change when required
Check of Seat software and product enhancements from Seat database
Seat stamp in the book

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for such a prompt and comprehensive reply. Added to the news that my 1.4 xcellence DSG / rhodium grey with panoramic is perhaps arriving sooner than expected, I feel a little more relaxed ! Cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've discussed service plans with the dealer - delivery likely in early March. I've specified the 5 year extended warranty (having been stung by SEAT disinterest on post-warranty claims in the past), and we've also talked about having a 5 year service plan on a monthly direct debit. On the plans we've been talking about, apparently there are 3 levels, or so I'm told:
* servicing
* servicing and maintenance (which includes e.g. fluids and consumables)
* servicing, maintenance and tyres (which adds tyre replacement into the plan).

Don't forget that servicing is based on time as well as mileage. Lower mileage doesn't necessarily make that much difference on time limited items.

Depending on the model, there's a big jump in the prices I've been quoted for Servicing and Maintenance going from 3 years to 4 years and then a smaller jump going to 5 years. I'm told that this is because on the 4WD models, 4 years is a BIG service and includes things like doing stuff to the 4WD hardware... I think the cambelts are due at either 4 or 5 years too having been 're-lifed' on various models from 3 years a while back. Having had a cambelt snap (on an old BMW323i - cue 9 replacement valves...) it's not something I wish to experience again in this lifetime! But of course it's an expensive servicing item and I want it covered.

My ultimate aim is to have a single monthly payment, or a small number of monthly payments, going out which basically mean that the finance is paid and if anything needs doing, I take it to a dealer and say 'fix' and that's it. All I should need to do is put fuel and adblue in the thing and drive it. Tyres... might not get included in that because the cost to do so isn't justified by the kind of mileage we do versus expected tyre wear (8K or so a year at the moment, vs 12K 'normal' mileage means we'd only be wearing tyres half as fast and paying over the odds for them).

I suspect that it might even work out slightly more expensive doing it on the plan, but it makes budgeting and cashflow easier and makes my life simpler!

·
Registered
328 Posts
PaulT00 said:
I've discussed service plans with the dealer - delivery likely in early March. I've specified the 5 year extended warranty (having been stung by SEAT disinterest on post-warranty claims in the past), and we've also talked about having a 5 year service plan on a monthly direct debit. On the plans we've been talking about, apparently there are 3 levels, or so I'm told:
* servicing
* servicing and maintenance (which includes e.g. fluids and consumables)
* servicing, maintenance and tyres (which adds tyre replacement into the plan).

Don't forget that servicing is based on time as well as mileage. Lower mileage doesn't necessarily make that much difference on time limited items.

Depending on the model, there's a big jump in the prices I've been quoted for Servicing and Maintenance going from 3 years to 4 years and then a smaller jump going to 5 years. I'm told that this is because on the 4WD models, 4 years is a BIG service and includes things like doing stuff to the 4WD hardware... I think the cambelts are due at either 4 or 5 years too having been 're-lifed' on various models from 3 years a while back. Having had a cambelt snap (on an old BMW323i - cue 9 replacement valves...) it's not something I wish to experience again in this lifetime! But of course it's an expensive servicing item and I want it covered.

My ultimate aim is to have a single monthly payment, or a small number of monthly payments, going out which basically mean that the finance is paid and if anything needs doing, I take it to a dealer and say 'fix' and that's it. All I should need to do is put fuel and adblue in the thing and drive it. Tyres... might not get included in that because the cost to do so isn't justified by the kind of mileage we do versus expected tyre wear (8K or so a year at the moment, vs 12K 'normal' mileage means we'd only be wearing tyres half as fast and paying over the odds for them).

I suspect that it might even work out slightly more expensive doing it on the plan, but it makes budgeting and cashflow easier and makes my life simpler!
Yes, my point exactly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts