Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure yet if this is my final decision.

Going basically by reviews so far and some Internet research. Am new to 'cars' as last bought my only vehicle - a 1972 vw camper 25+ years ago. So even buying a new car is new to me and am completely lost with all the gadgets.... but from reviewing specs have short-listed:

1. rear view camera (maybe front as well - no idea why they don;t offer both together?) as terraced house in narrow, dead-end lane with just about enough room for cars to sneak past between house and parked vehicles.
2. towbar (have nothing to tow - yet.. but possibly horsebox in future (is the 1.4 strong enough for this or say a caravan??) some dealers have said the towbar is not a factory fit, others say it will take extra 12 weeks to fit (!?) but I have also heard it is the electric 'peek a boo' type of thing?
3. Nevada white - until I change my mind again
4. electrically adjsutable seat (all front or just driver's?) but again some dealers say this is available for this model and others say no it is not.

and Price. Asking questions on phone at present and emails but not really getting price down. Would appreciate some feedback and assistance here what to expect £ wise and extras?

am thinking of buying in next fortnight - but it may take 12 weeks or more to arrive? Test drive in one dealer in a week's time and possibly put deposit then as getting to the damned place difficult without transport (vw camper failed mot 2 years ago and being 'restored' slowly...)

would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Me
x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a dealer just contacted me to say he can get the 1.6 diesel in white (basic white) with towbar by end March..... 22.5k? How come they can get this?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how come one dealer says 12 weeks, another 3 months and latest now says 5 month wait.. for same specs?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Probable a returned PCP. Don't think a demonstrator would get the mileage.

There are caravaners about on here but I don't think people with a horsebox and horse :). Not sure of the weight of that. The tow limits came up for the 1.0 and 1.4 petrol the other day, perhaps in the brochure as well.

Towing with these was here

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=801

The Seat tow hook is a fancy affair that springs out when you press a button in the boot then you latch it into place. Fully wired.

Talking about something more close to my heart is the top view camera. That's four cameras, front, back, one under each mirror. The images are matrixed together into different views. The overview is pretty good. All Ateca's come with the reversing camera. The other option is the "top view". For the top view to work well at night you need plenty of light, so a well lit yard or car parks you can see round the sides of the car, other than that, it's use is mainly in the light. Works parking under a street light. Good for aligning the car upto a yellow line, getting nicely tucked in at car parks etc.

Electric seats haven't been fitted so far and when they do come on the market they won't be the memory type, it's understood, that defeats the object of having them for people with backache.

Some people seem to get reasonable discounts from Northern dealers. I believe it might be the standard £500 off elsewhere. I'm sure you will get lots of useful advise.

Edit. Samoa Orange has long delays, ditto the TSI 1.4. That will be the influencing factor and extras you have. Diesels shorter delays since less in demand.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
;).... dah. That falls inline with what I said about the ease of getting diesels or stock as you said. But a tow bar wouldn't be.

But look a website on horses and trailers

http://www.towinghorsetrailers.co.uk/towing_weights_law.htm

Think got to work that through and check the capabilities of the vehicles.

The worked example is in excess of the capability of the 1.4 TSI taking the values from that review mentioned.

This general Google gets the Ateca upto a maximum of 1,500 to 2,100 kg. (2,100 kg is the worked example). 2,100 kg will be the top end Ateca.

I'd say you are looking at a diesel and need to work through the the weights.... still their might be some caravaners along soon. Think you will find tow weights in the brochures and manuals. Page 308 on. They are shown.

http://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline/manuals.html?model=Ateca%20(2016)&id=76

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Haven't got horse or caravan but partner sometimes uses other people's horses / boxes...

4-5 months wait for the 1.4 and some dealers even say delay because of the tow bar?

Got price so far of just under 22k....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Tell said:
..... All Ateca's come with the reversing camera....
A useful 'exrta' to have, and I am probably wrong, but I thought they were only included as 'standard' on the Xcellence range.

Mind you, I have gone for the 'Park Assist' option on my SE, but am not sure if that makes any difference or not!

Anyway, I will find out for sure on 1st March! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Looking at the blobs on the November brochure, yes optional on the SE and SE Technology. Not on the S. On the Xcellence and First edition. Don't think you can get that one now.

Reversing cameras are a poor alternative to full Top View. Top views can be specified on those above.

Park assist I haven't used it yet although I've got it. That's ultrasound based. You still get the ultrasound kicking in with this option even thou you aren't using it which is very useful. With Top View the two get overlaid on the screen so you get the best of both worlds.

I must say with July 2016 going into the past the detailed options and what's in them I start to get hazy about.

Still think you got to work throu the horses weight and trailer since it might turn out it could be under powered if a big horse.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Final price 22k

With the top camera thing I meant.

Paid deposit - now the wait until July/August??

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You are a quick mover. I'm impressed. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

You can edit into your signature.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope I have not paid more than is 'normal'? Had researched a bit end of summer but used carwow couple of times and emailed heaps of dealers today... hardly phoned until end as being female was concerned being 'overpowered' on phine by pushy salespeople but they are more slick than pushy aren't they.

One thing that I thought was quite naughty is the dealers all saying they had factored in the test drive £500 already... thought that was for me to use not them.. but they all used that 'excuse' and not a test drive anywhere in the equation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ps.. now tempted to upgrade for the dab radio? Seems odd that the SE just has FM radio.. signal rubbish this top end of Wales.

Pps.. have the £250 pop-up voucher for money off but the £250 fuel off will not apply as the condition is that vehicle registered by end June.. that is another con really if the 1.4 cannot be delivered until after June if ordered in the time-frame that is mentioned on website ie now until mid March. They do say the offer is for 'any' new Seat so that is a bit misleading if the 1.4 has no chance of being registered by that time-frame?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Those offers gave a taxing time for people who have been trying to get the car by the end March to get the £1,000 discount put in when the price went up. Now discontinued.

I think you can use Carwow as guidance prices and argue dealers down. I found the independent family run dealer rather than the big chains were prepared to discount least in the pre launch period. Big chain dealers were more strict although when the car starts to get discounted it's the big chains that will give the job in the dealership to look after Carwow. If the Internet retailers aren't matching your local I wouldn't bother. The brokers have to make a profit, I seem to recall it's about £750 per car. One of them named that figure when I was looking, the dealers got to discount further to match anything you are getting by not using a broker, so earlier on it was a very tame market. Broadspeed I found to be a total waste of time with fantasy prices. I gave up with brokers since they couldn't match the local independent. Things may have changed a dealership with low costs, rates, salaries may very well be able to discount if you are happy to travel.

I use dab, down here we get pirates that wreck reception so went over to dab in the house so time ago...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just tweaked specs - so final choice is 1.4 SE Technical. Petrol, manual 6 speed. Towbar, Nevada white, winter pack and spare tyre.

·
Registered
979 Posts
missy said:
Just tweaked specs - so final choice is 1.6 SE Technical. Petrol, manual 6 speed. Towbar, Nevada white, winter pack and spare tyre.
I'm confused Missy, the 1.6 is not petrol it's a Diesel :?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I keep saying that soz.. 1.4 petrol.. mixing it up with my 1.6 vw camper!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts