Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Autocar have the Skoda version of our car 1st review:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/yeti/first-drives/skoda-karoq-2017-review

& spec:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-karoq-full-specifications-revealed-ahead-may-launch

No pictures of the inside but the rear seating sounds interesting.... I do wonder how VW UK are going to position the Ateca this time next year with the same car but on sale under a Skoda badge? Maybe allow us to have Alcantara seats and ditch the lower trim Ateca's?

·
Registered
526 Posts
wow, pretty shoddy reporting from Autocar, all sorts of inconsistencies. e.g. price at top says £14k, only for it to be £17k later on. Also 488 litre boot, then in the other article it's 521...

seems to be pretty much the same, but has virtual cockpit (nice) but poorer ride/ body control (not nice)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems that most Skoda's bar the Superb have poorer ride body roll vs the VW/SEAT offerings, same is true of the Leon vs the Octavia...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is it me only that it doesnt look impressive?

Recent skodas are quite dissapointment when it comes to exterior except maybe superb.
As soon some inside pictures will be released we know more if this car will even get to the ateca sales level.
Currently Ateca who is main rival for this car has wait times up to 2018 second quarter already.

·
Registered
526 Posts
supreme said:
Currently Ateca who is main rival for this car has wait times up to 2018 second quarter already.
Don't say that, I only put my order in last week!! :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't understand why VAG are talking so long with orders for these cars!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm sure it mentioned front storage space and under seat ;). Like we don't get much.

The rear seats come out but do they slide on rails ?. I wonder if they have been mean on front passenger legroom.

On the Seat side it's the design philosophy of the three car SUV line up that we don't see. Peak at the Kodiaq and see the bigger Ateca variant will have more seating flexibility and front passenger legroom to get those legs out rather than gathered up, sliding rear seats.

I thought Skoda would be a bit stuck if the Karoq has the flexibility that the Kodiaq had in 5 seat form so they would take it out, the same as I believe they did with the Ateca design assuming the bigger one has the flexibility. If Karoq has it over the Ateca then it comes down to ride and looks.

I still feel the Ateca design was rushed and they didn't finish off the trim round the boot catch. They got the seat anchors too far forward. You probably have to accept all of the polythene side moulding to gain recycling EU car points, but if plastic is used least finish the edges off well.

Suspect you won't see Alcantara in the UK as the leather seats to Seat are worth more to them in the UK PCP returns market, least that's my theory where a wash down restores them whilst other materials won't wear so well to spills. That was my beef that I wanted Alcantara in a UK Xcellence. Far more comfortable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Karoq gets the 1.5 TSI engine from launch, a 9 inch touchscreen ( in some models ) and the adaptive dampers ( in the view of AutoExpress to overcome the poor ride ) plus the wireless charging as seen in the Ateca. So you take your pick- Tiguan - expensive but up market with not so good handling or Ateca with great ride / handling characteristics but a bit bland inside and a few corners cut to keep price down or Karoq- softer ride, so-so handling , more upmarket / different interior and likely to be cheaper than the Ateca. Why cannot I have the best bits of all three ? If the T-Roc is too small and Tiguan suffers a drop in sales what odds are their on VW producing a coupe type Tiguan with a body like the Karoq / Ateca in a year or so ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tell, the FR spec has Alcantara as standard. Leather is an optional extra for that spec and the FR shouldn't be far off taking orders.

·
Registered
286 Posts
jamesiow said:
Hi All,
Autocar have the Skoda version of our car 1st review:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/yeti/first-drives/skoda-karoq-2017-review

& spec:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-karoq-full-specifications-revealed-ahead-may-launch

No pictures of the inside but the rear seating sounds interesting.... I do wonder how VW UK are going to position the Ateca this time next year with the same car but on sale under a Skoda badge? Maybe allow us to have Alcantara seats and ditch the lower trim Ateca's?
Wonder if it comes in the Camoflage livery :lol:

Not sure I see the point in two vwag companies producing essentially the same car, at least the Yeti was very unique. I was slightly worried that onece the 3008 came out with tge virtual cockpit that Seat would be rushing to retrofit one in the Ateca, hopefully they will all start malfunctioning soon and the Ateca will come out on top for sticking with old skool dials... wishful thinking perhaps

·
Registered
286 Posts
jamesiow said:
I think its simply a case that they cant keep up with demand, according to our dealer over 40,000 have been sold in uk already.

Found a pic of the Karoq without camo in an autoexpess article just now, if it is how it looks then its got nothing on the Ateca in the looks department anyway...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/karoq/95010/new-skoda-karoq-exclusive-images-and-spy-shots-pictures#1

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've just been sitting in a Kodiak at Cramlington shopping centre. The front actually looks a lot better than I thought looking at photos. Alcantara seats for Tell as well :lol:
Not so sure about the dash though. Still very nice all round. Anyhow just been arguing with the lad demonstrating it as he said they are definitely being out a new yeti with the same name. I had to get my phone out and show him the link on here to the Karoq getting test driven. He said he had never heard of it and had just been told about a new yeti in his training. I put him straight :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kindness71 said:
I've just been sitting in a Kodiak at Cramlington shopping centre. The front actually looks a lot better than I thought looking at photos. Alcantara seats for Tell as well :lol:
Not so sure about the dash though. Still very nice all round. Anyhow just been arguing with the lad demonstrating it as he said they are definitely being out a new yeti with the same name. I had to get my phone out and show him the link on here to the Karoq getting test driven. He said he had never heard of it and had just been told about a new yeti in his training. I put him straight :lol:
Collect my order from Next will ya?? I hate parking in that car park! :lol:

If i venture in rather than sending the missus i'll go have a look at that Kodiak

·
Registered
979 Posts
Cant belive how similar this is to the Ateca apart from front. Wonder if they say in the adverts that 5% of the car designed in Prague, ohh and the rest in Barcelona :roll: Anyhow here's a video of it if anyone interested :cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am waiting to take a pic of mine next to a Kodiak in a car park, thought it was a bit cheeky to pull up to the local Skoda dealer and do this!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Good to see Skoda dealers give the same level of dis-information as Seat dealers.

They were leather in the one I sat in. I think Alcantara may be dropped on the top of the range. There was something which limited me from the top model, may be it was the 7 seats so I'd have to have them down all the time.

Still my extended rail seat project is moving along. I've loosened off the passenger car seat bolts. They were not that tight with the special 12 point security nut. No big deal. Got my brackets, the only issue is whether the parts catalogue in Russian was fibbing when it said the Ateca seat was a Tiguan part - Ekta catalogue in Russian. Two man task to move the seat since its got to be lowered onto four bolts. Any in precision and it's not going to happen. That's on hold till the weekend. As said before I'll give all the details but I don't want to give the details if it's the wrong part.

If I get it fitted I will have all the space I need like the Kodiaq passenger space if not a bit more. Extra 4".

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are taking photos Tell ? of your project, i personally would not do this, USB in the back would be more useful but still do share if works!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
jamesiow said:
I think its simply a case that they cant keep up with demand, according to our dealer over 40,000 have been sold in uk already.

Found a pic of the Karoq without camo in an autoexpess article just now, if it is how it looks then its got nothing on the Ateca in the looks department anyway...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/karoq/95010/new-skoda-karoq-exclusive-images-and-spy-shots-pictures#1
Thanks Uggzy, that's the revealing front picture which had never been shown till now.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The plastic side sills come up the door far too high - looks horrible. The front is nowhere as nice as the Ateca but they have to stick with the Skoda grill design. That's what spoils the look of the Kia Sportage.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts