Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - thoroughly enjoyed reading all your topics & seeing the gallery photos so now thought I'd say hello!

We have just ordered the ATECA 1.4 ECO TSI 150 PS XCELLENCE DSG AUTO in Rodium Grey Metallic with heated windscreen, park assist and double floor boot thingy! The wait is about 12-16 weeks so we are told, but after testing driving the 1.4 xcellence manual & loving it I'm sure it will be worth it! I've never owned an automatic so will see how it goes! Can't wait to test out the park assist - though think I might have to find a quiet car park to practice afew times first!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Lizard, welcome to the Ateca madhouse, excellent choice of spec, your really going to love the car, they really are great.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome.

You won't have a problem with the DSG although the automatic stop start may drive you wild in the DSG guise if you forget to turn it off, then you curse it. Other people around are so light footed they fool it although I suspect they keep their foot on the brake and dassle the folk behind. I'm sure parking brake means auto stop on. I think I've Vagcom fixed mine, dependent on more testing next weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Lizard,
Just out of interest did you qualify for the Winter Discount offer with respect to the expected delivery time which is likely to be be beyond the 31st March offer cut off date ?
Your ordered car is just the great spec I am interested in and shortly to order hopefully, so hence my interest and question.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Just had confirmation that mine's been built and on it's way to UK now.

Had some word about the Ateca FR being launched later this year too! Sounds like it's a trim upgrade with body coloured bumpers and a few other tweaks. My source? SEAT. I own the Ibiza Owners Club and am regularly invited to test drive new models in Barcelona before they hit the UK. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
C3ptik said:
Congrats on the purchase! Just had confirmation that mine's been built and on it's way to UK now.

Had some word about the Ateca FR being launched later this year too! Sounds like it's a trim upgrade with body coloured bumpers and a few other tweaks. My source? SEAT. I own the Ibiza Owners Club and am regularly invited to test drive new models in Barcelona before they hit the UK. :)
If there is a FR version my guess is you would get some sporty extras in terms of bodywork enhancements and probably standard 19" wheels, but my guess is equipment levels would only be similar to an SE Tech. Can't imagine it would come loaded with as much equipment as an Xcellence.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tell said:
Welcome.

if you forget to turn it off, then you curse it. Other people around are so light footed they fool it although I suspect they keep their foot on the brake and dassle the folk behind.
Tell,

As you know I'm awaiting my Ateca, so only have my Skoda to go on. It sounds like they've changed how it operates, so I'm interested how it works on the Ateca.

On my Skoda, if you take your foot off the brake the car starts again. This also happens if you've put the manual handbrake on. At that point the car tries to drive off with the handbrake on; cue much creaking and groaning! On the Skoda you can't have it in D without the foot brake on in any permutation as it will always try and move.

The only way to avoid it is press the brake so engine stops, shift into P, apply handbrake and release foot brake. When wanting to go again, press foot brake, into D and release handbrake. All that before the lights have gone back to red :D

Reading your comment it sounds like the car won't fire back up when releasing the brake. In that case, what causes it to start again?

·
Registered
328 Posts
daesimps said:
Tell said:
Welcome.

if you forget to turn it off, then you curse it. Other people around are so light footed they fool it although I suspect they keep their foot on the brake and dassle the folk behind.
Tell,

As you know I'm awaiting my Ateca, so only have my Skoda to go on. It sounds like they've changed how it operates, so I'm interested how it works on the Ateca.

On my Skoda, if you take your foot off the brake the car starts again. This also happens if you've put the manual handbrake on. At that point the car tries to drive off with the handbrake on; cue much creaking and groaning! On the Skoda you can't have it in D without the foot brake on in any permutation as it will always try and move.

The only way to avoid it is press the brake so engine stops, shift into P, apply handbrake and release foot brake. When wanting to go again, press foot brake, into D and release handbrake. All that before the lights have gone back to red :D

Reading your comment it sounds like the car won't fire back up when releasing the brake. In that case, what causes it to start again?
That's exactly how the stop/start on my 2013 Audi A5 works. To say it drives me insane is an understatement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome & words of wisdom!

Tell, Daesimps & David_S - now you have me worries about ordering the DSG! I would have preferred the manual, but hubby wanted the automatic and he is going to be driving it more than me!

C3ptik - excuse my ignorance but what is a FR? I have no idea!

Bertone - re the winter discount - tbh I'm not sure! We have a friend who works at Seat so gave us the best possible price anyway without having to negotiate!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the DSG. I only mentioned how my Skoda works as it seems a bit different on the Ateca, judging by Tell's comments.

The DSG is fantastic and I wouldn't go back to manual. I have no issues at all with start stop and would be more than happy if it worked as it does on the Skoda. You soon get used to how hard to press the brake depending on if you want the engine to stop. Its second nature after a couple of weeks and I don't even think about it any more.

I can still brake very hard and not have the engine stop as you get about a second after the car stops to ease off the brake before the engine stops. As I said though, that's based on my current Skoda and not the Ateca. I'm still waiting for someone to confirm how the Ateca works, as if I've understood Tell correctly he uses the handbrake whilst the engine is stopped, which you can't do in the Skoda as it restarts when you take your foot off the brake.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lizard! said:
Thanks for the welcome & words of wisdom!

Tell, Daesimps & David_S - now you have me worries about ordering the DSG! I would have preferred the manual, but hubby wanted the automatic and he is going to be driving it more than me!

C3ptik - excuse my ignorance but what is a FR? I have no idea!

Bertone - re the winter discount - tbh I'm not sure! We have a friend who works at Seat so gave us the best possible price anyway without having to negotiate!
It can't be that bad, I still wanted a DSG but they weren't out when I ordered!

I must admit I'm looking forward to a bit of manual fun over the few years now :)

Literally in the dealership now awaiting the final paperwork, in 20 mins I'll be driving my shiny new motor :-D

·
Registered
280 Posts
David_S said:
Literally in the dealership now awaiting the final paperwork, in 20 mins I'll be driving my shiny new motor :-D
Congratulations... I hope it came up to expectations, and that you are pleased with your shiny new Ateca!

We will be looking out for the obligatory photographs tomorrow! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.