Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally joined the forum after being a long time lurker. I was so excited to have ordered an Ateca at the end of July, but was becoming increasingly frustrated with a lack of a delivery date, having put that down to a little of the mañana attitude here in Spain. A quick Google opened Pandora's box: it seems it's not just the diesel deliveries that are delayed......

After a dash to the dealer i have been told there is a meeting with Seat and I should find out what's happening tomorrow. We shall see. In the meantime I see that there might be a couple of other members in Spain. Any info or guidance would be much appreciated as I really want the car but am not in a position to wait. :cry:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Greetings, Freddie is in Spain..... and he's waiting.... Alcantara lovely, swap you leather ;).

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You should have been given a provisional date after a couple of weeks, I was. Whether it is accurate is another matter. I ordered a 1.4Tsi like you at the end of August and was quoted week 48.

It looks pretty sure than for any new orders from now on (now that the rest of the world can place orders) is going to be 5 months or possibly more.

Luckily I can afford to wait, but many in the UK are on existing PCP deals which have to be terminated on a particular date which I can see could be a major problem. That is not the case in other countries as these deals exist but are not so common, especially as the concept of a "company car" is much rarer. Historically, it was introduced in the UK many years ago as a way of getting round the wage freeze that existed (that does date me!).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I hope you get good news Chimaera

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the welcome :D

Thanks for the offer Tell, most kind. Leather looks lovely but was a rather expensive extra €831 for the brown and €935 for black! For me it was win win not having it: I saved some dosh and won't have a hot bum!

Interesting to hear about the origin of the company car Fred99. I hadn't thought about the potential knock on effect re PCP. Interestingly where I am staying currently has Belgian satellite TV. The Seat Ateca ad (lady in car park at night) was a regular feature in ad breaks but the advert disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Pehaps the the initial TV budget has been used or the ad has been quietly pulled due to supply issues.

Saggy thank you, I have a glimmer of hope! I received an email earlier this evening to say I will get a loan car (my car is going back to the UK) until the Ateca is ready - thank you SEAT. No date yet, not even provisional, but I believe (especially judging by content on here) it'll be worth waiting for. Back to being excited for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts