Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an email form Leaseplan today to inform me that they have had an update from the manufacturer and everything is on course for a 6 February delivery of my shiny new company car :D

I STILL haven't seen one out and about yet. Surely one of you lucky people who have taken delivery must drive up and down the M1, M6, M42, M40 or M25 sometimes. Ok, I know that you drive around the M25 rather than up and down but you know what I mean!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The black rocks, you won't be disappointed. Nearly 5 weeks of ownership and I've still not seen another. Are you having those lovely standard 18" wheels or the other lovely optional 19" ones that the world and his wife have gone for?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The other lovely optional ones look good, better than the standard except somewhere along the pre sales line they introduced the lovely ones in 18" form as well. You do get a firm ride, you will feel the hump in the road at road works. Probably I might have gone for 18" bi's if they existed when I ordered mine.

No I'm going cross country at the minute. Partners seen one in Essex, two actually we think it's the same one, I've seen one 1/2 mile from a dealer on a spin, possibly doesn't count. Alot of orders have been taken but as yet the vast majority aren't on the road. Back of the envelope would suggest 5,000, my dealer had a figure of 20,000 but wasn't sure whether it was Europe or not.

You got these figures here for Europe, February to September 2016

http://left-lane.com/european-car-sales-data/seat/seat-ateca/

February 6
March 20
April 23
May 218
June 837
July 990
August 938
September 3.858

Total 3,036

So possibly not as great as one my think, so still a car that is fairly rare.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We'd best enjoy that exclusivity while it lasts! Did anyone notice in this weeks Auto Express that the Ateca came second only to the Jaguar F-Pace in the top 100 current SUV's?

·
Registered
581 Posts
That's good news JLO...
I've seen the same two a few times now, a silver Se-tech and white XL, both are the demonstrators for my local dealers i think..
but only 9 more days now and i'll be seeing one every day!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dougie said:
We'd best enjoy that exclusivity while it lasts! Did anyone notice in this weeks Auto Express that the Ateca came second only to the Jaguar F-Pace in the top 100 current SUV's?
an F -Pace is my dream but by time I'd added the extras I'd want it was way out my range lol

maybe in 5 years .....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Tar, very much. You'll be able to tell me what I'm missing by not being able to access Seat Drive App very shortly when you get your car, I get Android Auto fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dougie said:
That's very annoying...my brother has an F-Pace! :oops:
I have gone for the standard 18 wheels Tell. Mainly because I would rather spend money on optional extras inside the car than on wheels that I won't even be able to see when I am inside it! If it was my own car rather than a company car than I might have gone for it but I have already spent on just about every option available!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Is he an older brother? And don't listen to Tell, those 18" Xcellence wheels are miles more grown up and classy! Lol

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thats funny that is I just said the 18" are pasty. I would have gone for bi 18" if available at the time. I try not to insult people with their bright silver cars, but a bright silver car but standard wheels isn't going to do it. I reckon if you have a grey car you can jazz it up a bit with the bi wheels. I don't think mato would work with bi wheels so I'd agree on that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Thats funny that is I just said the 18" are pasty. I would have gone for bi 18" if available at the time. I try not to insult people with their bright silver cars, but a bright silver car but standard wheels isn't going to do it. I reckon if you have a grey car you can jazz it up a bit with the bi wheels. I don't think mato would work with bi wheels so I'd agree on that.
I think that they all look great and I love the last picture of your car. I still love those Xcllusive Performance wheels best though.
Did I mention that my Mato Brown car had bi-colour wheels? ;) lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Then it will look wonderful on them :). I'm still amused by all the hues the metallic paint throws. Mine goes distinctly blue in some lighting when the cars wet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dougie said:
Is he an older brother? And don't listen to Tell, those 18" Xcellence wheels are miles more grown up and classy! Lol
Yea Dougie...he is an older brother! He has always liked his nice cars.

·
Registered
425 Posts
JLO said:
Dougie said:
Yea Dougie...he is an older brother! He has always liked his nice cars.
Mine is the same. At one point last year between him and his wife they had 6 cars including 4 Porsches. Our dad made him get rid or two because he wanted his drive back!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hurrah, my dealer called me today to confirm that my car was built this week and has left the factory. Dealer now hoping I will have it for Christmas - what a present! :D :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's good news. Ours gets built next week so I'll be interested to see how long yours now takes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
metalsman said:
Hurrah, my dealer called me today to confirm that my car was built this week and has left the factory. Dealer now hoping I will have it for Christmas - what a present! :D :D
I love this, when was the last time you were this excited? Isn't it like being a child again? Don't forget to post those pics as soon as you pick her up :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Hope the chimney pot is big enough.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dougie said:
metalsman said:
I love this, when was the last time you were this excited? Isn't it like being a child again? Don't forget to post those pics as soon as you pick her up :D
Excited - yes but for my daughter. It is her 40th birthday next week and I am giving her my existing car as a present (a Volvo XC60 which I have had since new in 2010). I had hoped the Ateca would be here for then but its not to be so she will not be getting the Volvo until my Ateca is delivered, hopefully as a Christmas present. She is not aware that she is getting my Volvo (she always tries to beg, steal or borrow it whenever she can) so I am excited to see the look on her face. :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts