Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, I'm getting very near to ordering the Ateca in Excellence spec with the 1.4TSI engine. Coming from a 1.6 diesel estate, obviously I won't get anywhere near the same level of economy but just wondering what others are currently getting in their 1.4TSI's?

Also worth knowing if there are any options that in your opinion aren't worth the price as I tend to get a little option happy to get all the latest technology and gadgets.

Many thanks all and hopefully be speaking a lot more on here :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Heated windscreen is the cheapest option with maximum benefit for cold climates, 360 camera then start adding in.... it's up to you. As you see I had the Big Mac with the trimmings less the tow point.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sidelight said:
I'm currently getting 0mpg from my 1.4tsi.

Good luck.
Or infinite? Lol. I head the orange colour is currently on a month back order! Do you know when you can expect delivery?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
NeoVector said:
Sidelight said:

Good luck.
Or infinite? Lol. I head the orange colour is currently on a month back order! Do you know when you can expect delivery?
From what we're hearing it isn't just the colour

Has the dealer given you an indication on lead time?
People are saying there is a delay on your engine choice now

You may be best to check ....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's probably a one month back order of a back order unless VW are now sourcing more Orange paint. The two things that push back delivery Orange paint and the TSI 1.4 engine. Infinity is possibly if you order the TDI150 2wd.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only about the 9 month wait for the orange, they reckoned standard 10 to 12 weeks for other colours. Probably just sales speak lol.

I'm still deciding on options and PCP options...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Are you uk?

Well I hope the 10/12 weeks is true for you :)

Mine was 12 weeks total

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am indeed. Will be test driving 1.4tsi on Sunday so will speak to that dealer as well

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I miss read that are "are you OK?". I know my dealer is bemused by people ordering cars with long lead times.

·
Registered
59 Posts
NeoVector said:
Sidelight said:

Good luck.
You could say that, I deliberated.

I ordered mid September and am looking at April delivery. Even that's only an estimate yet. I'm tired of waiting but feel too committed now to back out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Heated Windscreen and Seat Sound were must have's for me, anything else are nice to have's in my opinion.

If you do a lot of motorway or dual carriageway driving I'd get Adaptive Cruise Control (I tried to add it after I ordered but was too late).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
If forgot the Seat Sound system with spare that's probably after the heated windscreen but have all the toppings and relish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi NeoVector,
I too got a little "option happy"!
I am also apprehensive about my engine choice. I haven't had a petrol for years. Mine is a company car but the monthly contribution for the 1.4TSI (with all the extras) was about 2½ time less than the 2.0 diesel. Also, we worked out that taking into account the difference in the cost of fuel per litre, over a distance of 20000 miles it probably equates to the cost of about 1 tanks worth of fuel more for the petrol. The company car tax is also much, much lower for the petrol. So with the tax and the monthly contribution the petrol is the right decision....I think!
Mine is due (allegedly) on 6 Feb so I will let you know what options I need and which I ones I could have saved my money on and put towards some petrol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts