Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I seem to have been running around in circles trying to find out, from all the dealers I can visit or call, what is the truth about retro ordering the Ateca space saver spare wheel kit.

The truth seems to be that none of the dealers have a clue :evil: .

Can anyone give a definitive answer because I am dreading getting a puncture.

The only advice I have been given, if I get a puncture, is "Call the breakdown recovery".

P.S.
If one can be provided when ordering the car why can't one be provided after buying the car?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You will have to see whether you can summoned up Ruth's husband on here (terrible with names) who bought the car, should have had the spare fitted with Seat Sound but the dealer / Seat corrupted the order. Customer services via a dealer has been slowly supplying the parts except the sound system which cant be done to make good the build. I'll find one of the links and put below. I pass on how the spare is anchored in but as I may have said to you or someone else I would have thought that a decent tyre place could help you out in supplying a rim and tyre, not sure on any missing covers.

Here we go MarkB I reckon will know the ins and outs

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=551&p=6362&hilit=help#p6362

·
Registered
338 Posts
Have you tried Horton Seat on 01522 684013? They stock the Leon spare wheel kits, they could be very similar. Worth contacting if you haven't. ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
& the tyre code you read on Goodbye Golf's picture on that thread is common to all Ateca's whatever the diameter we substantiated that on other threads so job may be be done or not if you don't want fancy bits of plastic form which was the last thing that Mark was missing, although how you anchor the tyre in, I pass on that again. Last time I changed a tyre was the 80s. :). Mark must have started from the same point as you but had customer services working for him to sort it out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would also be interested in knowing the answer to this one, as I also ordered one without the 'spare wheel kit', and am now thinking that perhaps I should have done so after all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts