Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I should start asking Seat for commission...

My brother in law came over xmas week, said he liked it, had a good look around, sat inside etc.
Saw him last week, said he's ordered one start of Jan, waiting on delivery date.

And this week came out of local Morrisons to a guy stood next to ours in car park having a good look at it. Said he's down to a final three for his new car, this is the first one he's seen in the flesh, and it's sold him, he's going to order one next week...

Also saw a white SE today parked in local leisure centre car park.. First I've seen round here in months..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well done.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Funnily enough, a family member went and bought a newer car than they had after looking at ours, SEAT but I can't remember which

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update re build times for those on wait..
Brother in-laws came yesterday..
They only ordered it mid Jan... A basic SE, no extras, in rhodium..
So there prob a lot of basic ones pre built sat around the country, it's the spec that prob ads to lead times..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's a bit like the conversation I had with Seat Carlisle where I was on my quest to see a satnav high or Plus. It was explained that they only get the cars given to them that Seat knows will sell or put another way they don't showcase the options.

The demo ones had a range of options on them at launch from pictures posted up and what we know, panoramic roof on one, tow bar on another etc - they can be commended on that. So anyone committed then could travel around and may be find it or potter off to a VW dealer and probably see the same component on a new Tiguan and imagine what it would be like. Some colours you can find on Skoda by working from the paint code on the Ateca configurator and finding it's name on a Skoda.

I found it a bit of a carry on since you would think Seat would want to showcase the options but no the general thing is they don't. Hence my car became a demonstrator for two days on the Panoramic roof before I picked it up and sold two cars by letting people sit in it. VW on the other hand do showcase the options, least the one I went in where the sales guy was very informative. Bit like chalk and cheese although one of the MK sales guys had his own track car and was as knowledgeable as the VW guy. That wasn't where I bought it since they were not doing deals in the launch period. Dealer size possibly has a bearing and Seat UK knows best policy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts