Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 1.6tdi ecotech se but I do not seem to be able to buy the space saver spare wheel kit. Does anyone one if this is available or is this just something else that seat are holding back?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ruth is your person for that. They supplied her car without so it was post fixed although she's waiting for the grey form stuff that surrounds it. There are pictures about on the threads although I suspect your tyres will be different to hers. Maybe Seat did her a special rather than something they routinely order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tell said:
Ruth is your person for that. They supplied her car without so it was post fixed although she's waiting for the grey form stuff that surrounds it. There are pictures about on the threads although I suspect your tyres will be different to hers. Maybe Seat did her a special rather than something they routinely order.
Actually still waiting for the full kit Tell. We do have the spare wheel but it's not properly fitted yet. I am now in negotiations with Seat UK again - they tell me that the kit is on order but that the dealer had trouble working out how to order it :roll: The only reason we're having all this hassle is because my original dealer (who went bust) didn't order the Seat Sound/spare wheel option in the first place.

I'll update when I actually get the kit fitted.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks Ruth.

It's probably one of these times perhaps for Colr where you need one of these persons who's into the spares catalogue who can list off the spares codes you need. Perhaps with a new car there is a lack of information although one guy from Sweden on here a while back had access to it. Another post from someone else recently seemed to throw one up.

That was this

http://www.realoem.me/search/tvn/6P0919866H

I've witnessed a German poster in the past coming up with all the VW rails to retrofit sliding Seats in an Altea plus plus retrofitting heated water nozzles which they did themselves. You perhaps need a VIN code for the target configuration taken from a dealers demo car and unpick the parts or something like that. :). The above accepts VIN codes but I haven't tried it yet to see what it does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. I have been told by the dealer in Kent where I bought the car, and by my local dealer, Cumbria, that the space saver kit cannot as yet be ordered? strange!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That might be it's not a stock item.

I did try my VIN in that site and it doesn't find it, may or may be not the same issue. I was hoping to see things about my car. Need someone in the trade or into parts systems.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is this not a currently available option then, as it appears to be offered as one?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have read in Autonews that . (http://autonews.uk.com/news/seat-ateca-award-winning-excellence/)

"A space saver spare wheel option is available at £110, and is mandatory to accommodate the subwoofer of the upgraded sound system (£330)".

I have been informed by my dealership salesperson that this is not the case, yet the engineer at the same dealership said that it was true. I have ordered the Seat Ateca XCELLENCE 1.4 Eco-TSI 150 PS 7-speed DSG-automatic Petrol Estate. Can anyone clarify please. At the moment my is being fitted with SEAT sound, but has not got the spare wheel accessory. I have also ordered a double floor. There seems, to say the least, some confusion as what precluded what.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welshman said:
I have read in Autonews that . (http://autonews.uk.com/news/seat-ateca-award-winning-excellence/)

"A space saver spare wheel option is available at £110, and is mandatory to accommodate the subwoofer of the upgraded sound system (£330)".

I have been informed by my dealership salesperson that this is not the case, yet the engineer at the same dealership said that it was true. I have ordered the Seat Ateca XCELLENCE 1.4 Eco-TSI 150 PS 7-speed DSG-automatic Petrol Estate. Can anyone clarify please. At the moment my is being fitted with SEAT sound, but has not got the spare wheel accessory. I have also ordered a double floor. There seems, to say the least, some confusion as what precluded what.
I believe if you have ordered seat sound you will get the spare wheel as otherwise the subwoofer has nowhere to sit. I'm sure someone with seat sound will confirm but i'm almost 100% certain.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you Magic Black - why should there be such confusion. I am now paranoid about the corrosion issue being raised and how an indifference view seems to have been adopted by SEAT. Several cars in the past have died an early death following corrosion issues - I hope SEAT are more realistic.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Howie669 said:
Welshman said:

I believe if you have ordered seat sound you will get the spare wheel as otherwise the subwoofer has nowhere to sit. I'm sure someone with seat sound will confirm but i'm almost 100% certain.
That's 100% correct - subwoofer is custom made to fit inside the spare wheel.

The highlighted text is poorly worded and might lead to confusion. It implies you have to buy the spare wheel before you can buy the sound system but that's not the case. You can either buy the spare wheel kit on it's own OR the sound system which includes a spare wheel kit.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You have a 12 year warranty against corrosion.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you for the clarification Howie669 , no attempts at confusion were intended. The phrase was copied directly from an Autonews' comments on the SEAT sSound..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was at mt local Seat dealer today and asked the price of a space saver spare wheel, 18'' , £199.00 soI don't know where the £ 110.00 comes from?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Mill said:
Was at mt local Seat dealer today and asked the price of a space saver spare wheel, 18'' , £199.00 soI don't know where the £ 110.00 comes from?
That's the price you pay if you order as a factory-fitted option (£110), or was - think it's gone up a litte now. The £199 price is after delivery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts