Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope somebody with a space saver wheel can help. I never ordered a space saver wheel with the car but wish I had so was going to buy one. Can anyone tell me the size/ dimension of tyre that is on the space saver that comes with the car?

Thank you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 356

This is my space saver spare for my Ateca 4drive manual 150ps running on the standard 18" wheels.

Haven't used the spare yet but came close when after 10 days of ownership managed to get a puncture on edge of tyre. Fortunately managed to pump damaged tyre enough to limp to tyre centre! Will always buy a car with a spare as we seem to have regular tyre problems!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'll take packing hints from that photo :). Concluded moving that moulded form doesn't help me with my storage problem and I got a feeling the form is used for load bearing looking at the underside of the cover. I've been naughty and put stuff on the right with the tools that came with the car.

On punctures use to get a spate of these where I believe the sods that you parked outside to catch an underground train for work would put tacs out in reprisal although they don't own the road. Frequent tip visits / non sweeping of tips car parks and builders working in the road dropping stuff. Screws I always think have been screwed in by petty house owners. We also have a paint stripper guy round here that for the last 30 years pours paint stripper on cars parked on the pavement. He's still at work or its been passed down threw the family.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
OK that's the same wheel as on my 19". T125/70/R18 skinny.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 150BHP AWD on order and would have liked the 2nd floor to get a level load area and extra underfloor storage. I think it is not available for AWD as the support rails will not fit with the high level of the polystyrene blocks. I have a theory that if you remove the polystyrene it will fit. I am going to look next time I visit the dealership. Then will see if floor kit can be obtained as a retro fit kit. Should be available as a bump up the back in an accident could break it and needs to be replaced.

What do you think?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I can say the plastic comes out, isn't glued down. I would be interested in what you find since a level floor and that extra 2 - 3 " would come in use. I got a space crunch so there is stuff I could get below with the extra few inches in depth.

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's all down to pure luck I suppose with punctures. Our cmax that goes back next week in exchange for our lovely Ateca (yay) had no spare, only the compressor with the bottle of white gunk.
Three years and 28k later, and we've never had cause to use it once..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I never had to fit the spare I had on my Altea for 12 years, but then the ZX got a very bad tyre bulge in Luxembourg on a Saturday night when all tyre dealerships and garages closed till Monday. Heading back on the Sunday. Recovery put my skinny on and I returned back to the UK at around 50 MPG, well a bit more may be. So the spare saved the day rather than being stuck abroad. Tyre repair aren't much good with some damage and they do write off the tyre sometimes.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Ghiggz said:
we've never had cause to use it once..
I have one with my Leon. I've used it once on my wheelbarrow. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.