Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enquirer about buying a space saving tyre for the Xcellence 4drive but there's no space for it in the boot that the dealer and myself could see to put it in. Not sure where SEAT expect it to go?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Theres plenty of room for it, it sits under the boot floor perfectly and theres even a handy storage bit in there next to the wheel itself. Ill try get a photo up later.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Dunn Vag you can tell me whether the handy storage bit is stuck down or you can pull it out. That's the proforma around the tyre. As I often mutter the VW dealer I was talking too on the Tiguan said you could pull it out. I don't know how destructive this is on the Ateca. If it's stuck down pretty destructive. The reason for getting rid of it is to pack more stuff around the tyre. I'm faced with finding a new home for the kitchen sink that I normally carry in my Altea lower area around a full tyre. The sums aren't going to work out with the 4Drive axle loss. Thinks it's a 90 percent reduction in space for me in the lower area unless I can get some space back by the removal of the plastic form.

Of course that could be the boom box area for the sub woofer in the spare that I'm trying to fill in to the max. The resonance area....hmmm. This is where I say there is a loss of space for odds and ends with the Ateca, no hidden storage below the parcel shelf and the axle reduction in the boot area for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunn VAG Happy said:
Theres plenty of room for it, it sits under the boot floor perfectly and theres even a handy storage bit in there next to the wheel itself. Ill try get a photo up later.
yeah a photo would be great. There is a small dip i can see under the boot floor but doesn't seem deep enough.

G

·
I was told the same thing. I drove a 4drive DSG auto on the weekend and was told by the dealer that you cant have a space saver spare tyre because there is no space for it. I lifted up the carpet and sure enough the space that would have been used for the spare tyre was taken up. I am not sure if this is just the 4drive DSG auto, perhaps the 4drive manual still has space.
I was told you have to rely on just the tyre repair kit or have the space saver lying in your boot.
I did love driving the Ateca, but that has put me off a little.

Any 4drive DSG auto owners got any comments or advice?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They are telling porky pies. If you buy a 4Drive you can get a space saver and if you have the Seat sound system you have to have the spare since the subwoofer is mounted in it. That's what I'm getting, I wouldn't have a car without a spare. The 4Drive axle takes up about half of the lower space, the tyre goes on top and the subwoofer goes inside it. There is then some space around the edge for a few bits and bobs.

I did take this not very good one at Silverstone in May of the tyre in the boot.

If you go through the configurator you can option in the tyre. Now it may be for certain models they limit this. Page 42 / 43 of the Sept brochure shows it can be optioned in on all models, then you look at the price list.

Space saving spare wheel (in lieu of tyre repair kit)
Often the configurator does something different but the printed material (PDF) rules over the configurator. They didn't do a very good job at selling you the car.

& no it doesn't lay in the boot it hides below the top floor.

And it looks like this with the boot closed and says 4Drive on it...

(Doing Seat a favour now after I slip into the trade show and got these pictures back in May :))

Dunn Vag when he next appears I'm sure may provide better pictures of his own car, mines on order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts