Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well nearly two months from delivery we still haven't got all the parts for our spare wheel kit. The latest piece of foam arrived yesterday and seems to fit but doesn't join up to the existing bits - some of which might be left over from the original inflator kit.

The favour? Could someone with a spare wheel please upload a picture of how it looks underneath the boot floor, so we can hopefully do what SEAT and the dealers haven't managed and identify which bits are missing and which bits (if any) are surplus.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
979 Posts
Grabbed these from a couple of video reviews. Oddly they are different. The first one is from a 1.0 TSI with the optional adjustable boot cover

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle

And this one from a 1.4 TSI with the standard boot cover

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Hope these help, or maybe just confuse more :roll:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It looks more like the bottom. Vag I think posted up pictures when he got his which will be the same as a 190 TDI. If you don't get a better offer I'll take a photo tomorrow.

I can't find Dunn Vags right now....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ok try this one, its the 2.0 TDI 190 4 Drive. :D

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting

Check out this vid at 39 min 18 seconds as he shows close ups all around the spare tyre

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes it was Goodyear Golf with the picture that was posted up. Locking nut goes bottom right whole.... I'm excused :).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone - I think it now makes sense. The piece that arrived yesterday is the LH/NS/Port foam for the 4WD. However instead of the matching RH/OS/Starboard foam containing the jack etc., we seem to have the curly piece which I assume is from a 2WD car as in the 1.0TSI photo.

We don't have a subwoofer, so the only bit I don't understand is the round foam piece which doesn't appear in anyone's photos.

Thanks again everyone, hopefully SEAT can now order the correct parts!

Mark

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Bit of a carry on.

BTW you don't think the fitting of the dash camera with possible power disconnected then lead to the wing mirrors playing up now we know that disconnecting the battery can lead to issues.

·
Registered
280 Posts
MarkB said:
Thanks, everyone - I think it now makes sense. The piece that arrived yesterday is the LH/NS/Port foam for the 4WD. However instead of the matching RH/OS/Starboard foam containing the jack etc., we seem to have the curly piece which I assume is from a 2WD car as in the 1.0TSI photo.

Thanks again everyone, hopefully SEAT can now order the correct parts!
Probably a silly question Mark, but what are the three larger items in the photo?

I guess one is the actual boot 'floor', but am not sure about the other two!

Did you go for the 'double floor' option by any chance, and if so, are any additional fittings required for this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One is the rigid boot floor, one is a thin felt mat ond one is the "reversible boot mat" accessory.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell said:
Bit of a carry on.

BTW you don't think the fitting of the dash camera with possible power disconnected then lead to the wing mirrors playing up now we know that disconnecting the battery can lead to issues.
I don't know, ours is just plugged into the 12V socket in the centre console. I do know that the memory seats on my previous XF were a waste of time as whenever it went in for a service, the memory settings got deleted! Presumably this was either due to battery disconnection or uploading new software.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That presupposes you cracked Dunn Vags problem of finding the fuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting details.

I have been trying to get to the bottom as to why I was unable to have the second floor to the 4WD car I ordered. My reason was my Altea Freetrack has a fair bit of storage under the floor that the Ateca does not have. Cannot see why the raided floor cannot be fitted and remove the polystyrene moldings to create the space. This would mean the floor did not need the polystyrene to support the boot floor and also I will have a level floor with the seat backs when folded.

Does anybody have the 2nd floor to the 4WD without the spacesaver to clarify the raised floor details. If so would you please post a photo.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I know someone in the past was interested in raising the floor so it was flush with the lip. Might give you 3" without measuring it. Only the 4WD get the non flush lower lower floor as I understand it. Could have been you who was previously interested in raising it to the standard height for non 4WDs. I was going to get rid of the plastic form but changed my mind that the useable space wouldn't give me much and wasn't sure of whether the plastic was load bearing, don't think so.

I had an Altea prior to this and you had the Freetrack version. As I've said elsewhere I lost about 90 percent of the understorey space. Make use of those velcro sticky boot tidies to make good for big stuff that won't go underneath now but means you got to pull it off to drop the seats. You have a very small glove box compared to the Altea 75 percent smaller. You loose the passenger seat under store box. The drivers one is 50 percent smaller. Another 75 percent gone. The door bins are larger. The car blankets I now keep in the body of the car. Host of stuff I just don't carry now.

So those are the negatives on space compared with the Altea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me theET(offset) on the space saver wheel ,I've waited 3 months for reto fit spare from dealer ship ,still no stock,may buy one from auction site if I know the ET of the space saver wheel.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Pass on the ET but people have been buying "genuine" ones for the Leon which when you look you see that's what Seat gave Mark on this thread above. So the Leon one has tools but doesn't have all the pretty plastic surround across all the boot floor. So what they gave Mark in the pictures above was a Leon kit plus the side bits from an Ateca.

If you follow this link below it might be helpful.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=787&hilit=spare+wheel

Perhaps your dealer is trying to get you the Ateca one plus surround which is proving difficult to order rather than selling you the the Leon spare which is what some dealers are doing.

Dasalias wins the prize in unravelling this one... pulled out since its the key above in those links:

Re: Double floor versus spare wheel

Post by dasalias » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Kindness71 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 am
The double floor works fine with the spare in 2wd versions as I have. I don't however believe it's possible in 4wd due to lack of space. I also don't think anyone has managed to get an official spare after delivery for some reason. 🙄

This might be of interest to some:

My 2WD with variable boot floor came with the dreaded inflation kit. After some research, I found that the 18" space saver spare wheel kit for the Seat Leon is an exact fit for the Ateca. A dealer confirmed that the Ateca Space Saver has the same part number as the Leon, as does the jack etc. I managed to obtain a brand new Leon space saver tyre and tool kit from Ebay. The tool kit sits in a polystyrene holder that fits exactly into the Ateca spare wheel well, to the LH side of the wheel. There are two fixing points for the kit already provided in the Ateca. The wheel goes in upside down, held down by the existing fixing point and screw provided for the inflation kit. There is plenty of space for storage inside the wheel itself and to the RH side of the wheel. The variable boot floor is not affected when in the lower position.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Twiddler said:
Can anyone tell me theET(offset) on the space saver wheel ,I've waited 3 months for reto fit spare from dealer ship ,still no stock,may buy one from auction site if I know the ET of the space saver wheel.
Taken from the SEAT Ateca documentation:
View attachment Doc1.doc

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm still mastering the manuals ;). I checked to see whether they checked stop start as part of the service. Think I'll just reset that before each service and put it back after as part of looking for error codes before service, and clearing out any they instigated during service. Simple enough.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
I'm still mastering the manuals ;). I checked to see whether they checked stop start as part of the service. Think I'll just reset that before each service and put it back after as part of looking for error codes before service, and clearing out any they instigated during service. Simple enough.
Still seems like you're being inconsistent, Tell ! One minute you're resetting your Stop/Start before servicing; the next you're not; the next you are, again :?: :?: :?:

Your & my previous posts refer..............

Last time you were extolling other threads elsewhere where "people don't alert their VCDS coding" for the mod, and "reading other threads there's no need to undo them".....

As I said before, I believe you're trying to share helpful information on the forum with people, but surely to be helpful it needs to be consistent??

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=9309#p9309

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=9339&sid=8420d5db9a6b76937f4933c03a07fbd5#p9339

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I got the service manual now so I checked what the process was, button and controls. Page 53 of the maintenance manual

4.25 Battery status: Read off and send the
diagnosis protocol online.

Note

Only applicable for vehicles with Start/Stop system and energy
recovery system.

Work sequence

The battery status is read while the transportation mode is being
switched off ⇒ page 46 .
Ateca 2017 ➤
Maintenance - Edition 12.2016
We wouldn't want to upset their work sequence. It could just be reading the battery status or the stop start status voltage I've set, so to save confusion I will reset back to 7.2 then returning home. 30 second task. I won't be changing any other mods made.

No updated as new information becomes available it's called science :).

So that's my pre and post work flow for a service. Read any error codes, set SS back to default. Make them aware of errors. Get car after service delete errors they have put in by pulling wires off which they did when they fixed the mirror by instigating a blind spot error warning, put SS mod back on. Check whether any mods got deleted by any software updates, put those mods back on. Those updates will be in sub systems of the units.

Straight forward really.

My first degree, the minor was in computer science, major pure maths so I can cope with these things. Obviously they were 8 bit computers and core memory. You got to go with the times....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts