Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New to the forum (first post) and have had a 1.6tdi SE Tech (company car) now for just over a week, lovely car! I did want the 1.4 TSI but with the demand was going to take too long for me :(

Anyway with it being a company car it has come from a dealership demo and for the life of me I can't work out what spec, is there a website that is able to decode what I have?

I'm mainly confused about the sat nav and sound, I think I have the nav plus because I have 2xUSBs but thought you couldn't spec it with the SE Tech model :? Is there any other way to confirm what nav model I have?

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can't help with a website, but I have the regular satnav and 2 USB sockets.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. Normal Sat Nav has two USB as well. I think Nav+ was only available as an option on XCellence in the UK market, may be wrong. Easiest way to tell is look at SD card slots in glove box - Nav (normal) has maps on an SD card in one slot, Nav+ has a built in SSD drive so both SD card slots are free.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think you'll find the Nav Plus has two SD card slots

·
Registered
778 Posts
Phosphoric said:
Ah yeah, no... I wasn't clear enough. Both Nav units (Nav and Nav+) have two SD card slots. Normal Nav unit has one slot with maps on SD card AFAIK so two slots, one filled. Nav+ has maps on SSD so both SD card slots are free.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Etchings said:
Phosphoric said:
Ah yeah, no... I wasn't clear enough. Both Nav units (Nav and Nav+) have two SD card slots. Normal Nav unit has one slot with maps on SD card AFAIK so two slots, one filled. Nav+ has maps on SSD so both SD card slots are free.
I should have Nav + (I paid for the pack and have speakers labelled seat sound, 2 USB ports and a spare wheel which were other pack components) but I do have a SD card with the maps in one of the 2 slots.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Further poking around in the menus reveals I have a "juke box" with 10 Gb (actually a little more) of space so must thus have Nav+ but why do I have a Nav SD card in slot 1?

·
Registered
778 Posts
This is where Tell mentioned something in a previous post - think they have to use the SD card to load the maps, on Nav normal it sits on the SD card, on Nav+ it loads the maps onto SSD from the SD card and so you might be able to remove it. Really not sure on that last point though.

But given you have the SSD the looks very much like you have the Nav+

·
Registered
283 Posts
I took out the SD card and the Nav still seems to work. I still prefer to use Google Maps via android auto though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts