Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been exhausted already but I'm struggling to get my head around what needs to be done to get cameras onto the ad card/sat nav.
Just wanting to know, do you need a 2nd card?
Do they get added to the original ad card?
What or where is the best download for cameras?
Is it easy to do?

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
You need a second card, but only to load the cameras onto the media unit. You can remove it from the unit when loading has completed. Camera info is not added to the original card.
I download camera data from www.pocketgpsworld.com, which is pretty comprehensive and frequently updated. You have to subscribe to get the data.

The procedure from download to display on the satnav is fairly complex the first time you do it, but it gets easier with practice. I have the end-to-end procedure written down. PM me if you want a copy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi
Could you pm me the procedure ? What this forum needs is FAQ only technical guides section like many other forms have
Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi, pm sent, not that I drive over the speed limit ever! :p

·
Registered
581 Posts
For those without Nav, and with an Android phone, there is a good free tomtom speed cameras app in play store, you just run it (with gps active), it sits as a little bubble icon on the corner of your screen, it puts a speed limit sign on the screen to show you limit of road you on if you have phone in a cradle, and even if you dont, it 'pings' as you approach any cams on the database..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ghiggz said:
For those without Nav, and with an Android phone, there is a good free tomtom speed cameras app in play store, you just run it (with gps active), it sits as a little bubble icon on the corner of your screen, it puts a speed limit sign on the screen to show you limit of road you on if you have phone in a cradle, and even if you dont, it 'pings' as you approach any cams on the database..
What's this app called?

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
dasalias said:
The procedure from download to display on the satnav is fairly complex the first time you do it, but it gets easier with practice. I have the end-to-end procedure written down. PM me if you want a copy.
Thanks Dasalias for sending me the instructions - they worked a treat and I now get speed camera notifications! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Would it be possible to upload the instructions to something like Dropbox to avoid having to deal with large volumes of PM's? I would love to get the details but don't want to add to the load.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's probably easier to just save the instructions as a PDF and upload them on this thread!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jonny said:
It's probably easier to just save the instructions as a PDF and upload them on this thread!
There has been a lot of interest in the procedure for adding speed cameras to the satnav. For the benefit of all, I have added the procedure I use to this thread as a PDF attachment. Jonny has verified that it worked for him. Feel free to use it. No guarantee offered or responsibility for errors accepted on my part!!

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Many thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quick question re the Speed Cam overlay for the Satnav, does it only work when you use the in car Satnav? My GTR has built on speed camera alerts and they can be programmed independently of the Sat Nav so they will alert even if I have google maps running and do not have the map screen up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since adding the speed cameras yesterday, I have found that I only get alerts when the sat nav is open (it doesn't have to be navigating). If I'm in radio or Apple CarPlay I don't receive any of the warning notifications.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quick question do you need to subscribe to pocketgpsworld site to download speed camera file?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dadofett said:
Quick question do you need to subscribe to pocketgpsworld site to download speed camera file?
Yes it's about £20 for an annual subscription.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jonny said:
Dadofett said:
Yes it's about £20 for an annual subscription.
If you spot a new camera or a change to an existing camera, provided you are the first person to report it to pocketgpsworld, you get the next years subscription for free.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts