Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the demonstrators I drove had the speed limit displayed on the instrument display as well as on the nav display which I though was a great idea. When I picked up my car and thoroughly went through all the settings, I still can't find out how to show that instead of the compass. I'd much rather know if I'm about to get points on my licence than to know I'm traveling north east! Mine is the regular rather than the nav plus. Does anyone know if this is only available on the plus? I asked the salesman and he didn't know!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need to have added the following for £385:

Driving Assistance Pack 2: Includes: High beam assist, Lane Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that the trouble with the demonstrators. One I drove which was an SE that had it but I wasn't told what options it had. I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and look at the nav screen or on a more basic level pay attention to the road signs!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have just checked the brochure and there seems to be a driving pack that I'm sure was t there when we ordered. It's Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack Plus 2. Really annoying as it includes Adaptive cruise control and other things for only £185 more than the Advanced driving assistance pack we ordered. Will be another call to the dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My mistake. Looks like its DSG models only. I wish you could just pick things individually
instead of in different packs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah it's a good idea but sometimes it picks up other signs like the HGV speed limits and then comes up and tells me I'm exceeding the speed limit! :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I did wonder about this and what does it do abroad. KPH / MPH, is it intelligent?. Then you have the wet / dry roads, does it tie these into whether the wipers are being used or just image recognisition alone. It won't will it be that clever.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If there are different speed limits in rain, it will display those if the wipers are in use.

You program it for the relevant system. mph/kph. It works in most countries and there is a list of these in the manual (p230). You can turn off the sound when you exceed the limit or you can adjust it to only react to a higher speed in small increments up to 12mph above the limit shown.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks Freddie. I'll set it to about 3mph over. In the UK we don't get the variable weather speed limits but on the continent you do. Hmmm does that mean I have to frig with the settings when you cross the Channel / Republic if Ireland. One more task to do, one less on the deflectors.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The Nav system know where you are and thus knows what signs to expect.

Th depth of detail in the technology on this car never ceases to amaze me. It's one of the main reasons that I want to buy it. That's why it is on 5 months delivery as it takes that long to read the manual :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
All very clever stuff.

With technical manuals sometimes you need the gadget in your hand to understand the working of it.... so I've put off the finer derail till I get the car for some of it. Better read how to start it soon thou :).

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's easy Tell, foot on the clutch and push the start button. Put it in gear and away you go. Break assist is remarkably easy to get used to, electronic hand break like wise.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Haven't got a clutch on DSG ;). But I reckon I might hold the break then turn the ignition, or rather press.

The dealer did get me to start up a manual but that was freaky given I haven't driven a manual for 12 years.

Does the auto break stay on auto or does it toggle off. That the manual wasn't clear about. Think I'll keep it on auto handbrake, the hill start business. From what I remember but wasn't clear whether that toggled off when you stopped the engine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It stays on. You end up just forgetting about it.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks I'll forget about it.

I saw a women driving a small Japanese car hands off the steering wheel as the Ateca promotional material so either trafic assist has arrived in these small cars or she was being very dangerous which would be a bit unusual for these people. A bit concerning seeing someone doing it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Tell said:
Haven't got a clutch on DSG ;). But I reckon I might hold the break then turn the ignition,
You do have a clutch on a DSG, in fact you have two, which is what differentiates a DSG from an conventianal automatic gearbox. The difference is that you have no clutch pedal. On a manual you have to depress the clutch, on a DSG you press the brake. With Kessey, the ignition is on as soon as you step into the car, the pulsing red button just starts the engine so long as the clutch or brake is pressed..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
No clutch was to read as no pedal..... what does that do on power consumption if it's ready to start on the Kessey, means in a diesel the glow plugs are on. Normally I don't go to that level till I'm ready to start up.

Edit. Ah foot on the break must be equivalent to turn of the ignition to one click and powering up the glow plugs unless these days they aren't worried about having them powered up or alternative two, the two to three second delay to heat up the glow plugs is contained within the start up process of pressing the ignition ?.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Shitroen C4 Grand Picasso had a similar set up. 6 speed semi auto (single clutch) turbo diesel with an electronic handbrake and the holding brake the same as the Ateca. It's totally idiot proof when you get used to it. The biggest problem is when drive an older car and you expect it to do the same. If I had a pound for every time our MX5 rolled backwards into the wall!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts