Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........... I'm now on first name terms with the parts dept at my dealers http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/

I've ordered yet more bits to be stuck on :eek:

Todays order was for the front grille moulding (the thin one) and the fog light trims ~ I've been hankering after them and gave in finally

that is on top of my red internal trims, rubber mats, rear bumper protector, dog boot liner and a boot tray

They are fitting them all for me

I can't wait

and it best hurry up before I make the list any longer !!!!! :shock:

Any one else got any of the extra trims added?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not yet on, but have the lower grille trim, fog light surrounds, tailgate trim and stainless steel rear bumper protection all to go on - oh and f/r mud flaps! Busy weekend ahead.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I have ordered the full front ""off-road" kit plus the fog light surrounds. I don't think the matching full rear kit is worth the money.

Are they charging for fitting?

Since I am having boring silver, there is no point in changing the internal trim. At least my roof rails come in body colour for free!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mcderms said:
Not yet on, but have the lower grille trim, fog light surrounds, tailgate trim and stainless steel rear bumper protection all to go on - oh and f/r mud flaps! Busy weekend ahead.
some of the same bits then ~ good taste ;)
good luck fitting them :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fred99 said:
I have ordered the full front ""off-road" kit plus the fog light surrounds. I don't think the matching full rear kit is worth the money.

Are they charging for fitting?

Since I am having boring silver, there is no point in changing the internal trim. At least my roof rails come in body colour for free!!
I love the off road one Fred but just couldn't stretch that far :)

Usually fitting is not included as they do a lot of mail order and offer (right now at least) 15% off all the parts

They are however fitting mine for me foc because I bought so much (£550 plus) and everything is stick on except the steering wheel red bit.
we had quite a chat about it today and he did say if I'd had the off road one you are it would have had to be charged to fit as takes a while to fit. I think he said 1.5 hrs

looking forward to seeing pics :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Should be straightforward enough! The instructions from SEAT suggest that you need to mask off the bumper & spray on a primer (after thorough cleaning) to fit the grille trim and fog light surrounds but I think that's unnecessary & over-complicated, but it would put off some from fitting themselves! The grille trim is fixed with a combination of clips & bonding tape; foglight trims just the tape.

Hopefully you got a good price from Hortons for the parts? The retail prices are steep for plastic parts, and the two fog light trim are much more expensive than the grille trim; I wouldn't have thought that. Once I get it all on I'll post some pics to share. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the parts at hortons are cheaper than from Seat itself ~ I ordered a couple of bits direct when car order went in as I didn't realise at first could be add ons after

I'm sure I could do fitting myself (I can tile a kitchen and wallpaper so should manage a few sticky bits) but I'm relieved they will fit for me

will be good to see your pics :)

how are you finding the car ~ more or less same spec as mine. did you get snow where you are since delivery?

·
Registered
918 Posts
No snow to speak of yet that would warrant putting car into snow mode! However, we are in Scotland, so there's every chance of getting to use that driving profile. Will be interested to see how the car copes with 4WD on essentially summer tyres, versus my 2WD A3 with its winter wheels & tyres on !! ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes I've seen a lot of reports saying it is the winter tyres that make the most difference

·
Registered
918 Posts
The 4WD will provide plenty of traction, even on summer tyres, with careful driving - winter tyres would just add that extra grip. Neighbour has an Audi Allroad (Quattro) with summer tyres & has never had a problem; so the 4WD itself helps hugely; not sure whether I really want a winter like in 2010 or not, just to see how well the Ateca copes !! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lincolnshire stays pretty clear usually ~ maybe a few days a year but not generally much at all (hopefully not famous last words)

I just like to be prepared incase :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thank you for reminding me to check the position of winter tyres in Germany for my December trip, I seem to be OK if I don't get stuck:

Winter tyres in Germany

The rules in Germany changed at the end of 2010 - regulations now require all passenger cars and motorbikes including vehicles from foreign countries to be fitted with winter tyres or all season tyres on all axles when conditions are wintery.

If your vehicle becomes stuck during the winter months because the tyres are unsuitable you will be liable to an on the spot fine in Germany. If the vehicle causes an obstruction and aggravation to other traffic, the fine may be doubled. You may also be prevented from continuing your journey.
I'm assuming my standard tyres are all season if not I had better not get stuck. I've never bothered before, I thought you had to get more in the alp regions rather than the wine routes :). It had crossed my mind. It does turn nasty once every ten years, this could be one of the years.

No I'm not adding anything else to my car, no sticky bits or anything else. Making do with the standard mats will they wear out then I'll be down Halfords and get a pair of scissors out.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well seeing as my car will actually be used to drive up field tracks in all weather, for me to then get out and traipse about, rubber mats are a god send when your boots are covered in mud

Besides I'll need them when I've had to get out, stepping in a puddle, to stick my trims back on as due to being add ons they will ping off

You may want to get some Tell when you move to Wales ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I'm going to see how much water passes through the mats. It's snow that's the issue at the minute. The mats in the old car eventually gave way on the carpet covered rubber, so the rubber appeared where I rested my right foot. That's when I'll replace them :). Might do it before when I see mud getting in and water.

I've stopped the partner putting their boots on by by putting a foot up on the rear bumper. Had warned them that they wouldn't be doing that with the new car so they remembered. Probably all those Xcellence logos and they though better not knock this about.

Mind you this could be it, for hiking the boots come off in the back, the mud gets picked up from the back to the front of the car. Can't have any of that farmer Giles stuff.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think London classifies as the south.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.