Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reviewing the spec of my recently ordered Ateca (1.4 DSG Excellence), and see that it states "Split folding rear seats (60/40) with reclining function".
I'm confused! I've watched more video reviews for this car than I like to admit and I've never seen any reclining rear seat function. In fact, I seem to remember numerous comments about it not sharing the reclining rear seat offered in the more expensive Tiguan.
Can any body clear this up for me please :?:

·
Registered
166 Posts
unless they have changed something pretty surety seats are fixed like you say unlike the tiguan and skoda

·
Registered
526 Posts
recline forwards maybe?

whereabouts did you read this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's strange then!
The manufacturer's website seat.co.uk clearly states "Split folding rear seats (60/40) with reclining function".
I can't imagine that this is a new feature and nobody has posted anything about it before. I'm guessing its a mistake on the Website.
If we were in the US we could probably get compensated for this......

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Document

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
The downloadable brochure doesn't state this for any trim (it just says "split folding rear seats (60/40)") however the Configurator does state "with reclining function" on SE trim and above - weird...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where there's blame, there's a claim!
If you bought one of these, having read that statement, then you have been mislead and subjected to false representation. I might start cold calling people at random to ask if they were mis-sold reclining rear seats :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wonder if this is on the new 2018 builds? I will be surprised if it does as even the Skoda Karoq doesn't have it :eek:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Could be - would be a nice addition given Skoda have been given all the extra toys on the Karoq.

Wish they'd just tell us the full list of 2018 model year changes too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it's just an innocent misprint but I've emailed Seat UK for clarification. I'll update this post when they respond.

·
Registered
931 Posts
PaulR said:
Where there's blame, there's a claim!
If you bought one of these, having read that statement, then you have been mislead and subjected to false representation. I might start cold calling people at random to ask if they were mis-sold reclining rear seats :)
'
But you failed to point out SEAT's legal notice on their webpage: "SEAT UK have taken steps to ensure that all the product information and pricing ('product specification') featured on this website is accurate and up-to-date. However, the product specifications contained on this website are for information purposes only, as our products are continually updated and SEAT UK reserves the right to change the product specifications at any time without notice.

As you've stated that owners have been 'mislead and subject to false representation', I see SEAT counter suing you for at least 100 million dollars in liable damages :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
In the physical brochure I picked up last summer when the LHD was touring the country, with 04/16 on the back, it has 60/40 reclining listed too as standard for all models...
Obviously it was planned at some stage in design, and then eventually dropped to save ££s..

During the same visit to the LHD model, the SEAT saleswoman told me that push the button start was also standard on all models!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just wonder whether in translation folding became reclining?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ghiggz said:
In the physical brochure I picked up last summer when the LHD was touring the country, with 04/16 on the back, it has 60/40 reclining listed too as standard for all models...
Obviously it was planned at some stage in design, and then eventually dropped to save ££s..

During the same visit to the LHD model, the SEAT saleswoman told me that push the button start was also standard on all models!!!
ahh yes we did talk about this before, I remember now. I wonder if it's just a dodgy translation from Spanish?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Allegedly, the Yeti manual was originally written in Czech, translated into Chinese and then into English. Hence it was entirely incomprehensible. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ateca manual is about the same with Spanish thrown in as well. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Libel maybe???
Looks like I'd better keep my head down they've probably got better a better legal team than me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts