Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum with interest for a while now so finally decided to register so I can post.

I've been driving my current car, a 1.6 dCI Qashqai Tekna for 4 years and decided it was time for a change. After trawling the internet, including this forum looking for reviews and opinions, I decided to test drive the 1.0 TSI SE Tech as that's within my budget and I loved it. Compared to my Qashqai it's whisper quiet and more than powerful enough for what I need. I'll be honest I had my reservations with it being a 1.0 but I was really impressed. It certainly doesn't feel sluggish or underpowered and that was with 3 of us in the car. So after doing a bit of shopping around at dealers I decided to take the plunge and placed my order.

I went for the 1.0 TSI SE Technology in Rodium Grey with the following options added -

- Top view camera
- Convenience pack
- Dark tinted windows

The dealer has given me an expected delivery of between 15-17 weeks meaning the middle of September which seems ages away but I'm sure it'll come round quick.

I would have liked the Xcellence model as like for like it's a similar spec to my Qashqai but I'm impressed with how much you get with the SE Tech. The only things I will miss from the Qashqai are the leather/heated seats, the panoramic sunroof and keyless entry.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself on the forum and look forward to sharing with you some pics and updates as I get them for the new car. If you've got any opinions or questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, you won't regret it :) (Well, we're biased here).

Delivery date should approach fairly soon - 12-16 weeks is normal(ish) delivery time for the UK. I'm 3 months into the wait already - time's flown by really (just need the car to arrive now!).

·
Registered
931 Posts
jackbauer said:
I've been driving my current car, a 1.6 dCI Qashqai Tekna for 4 years and decided it was time for a change. After trawling the internet, including this forum looking for reviews and opinions, I decided to test drive the 1.0 TSI SE Tech as that's within my budget and I loved it. Compared to my Qashqai it's whisper quiet and more than powerful enough for what I need. I'll be honest I had my reservations with it being a 1.0 but I was really impressed. It certainly doesn't feel sluggish or underpowered and that was with 3 of us in the car. So after doing a bit of shopping around at dealers I decided to take the plunge and placed my order.

I went for the 1.0 TSI SE Technology in Rodium Grey with the following options added -

- Top view camera
- Convenience pack
- Dark tinted windows
'
Another West of Scotland Ateca! Same here, on paper 1.0 seemed perfect for our purpose but naturally doubts creep in - it's got to struggle halling an SUV around, right? I had to travel thru to Glasgow as they had the only 1.0 demo I could source (there was no way I was going to order that engine without a test drive). To be honest, 2mins in the car and I was sold on the engine. (especially when I pulled over to the side of the road and thought the stop/start had kicked in - but the engine was still running, it was just so quite). Initially ordered an SE Tech but changed to Xcellence as I thought it better value for money. Unfortunately they don't do a 1.0 in the higher trim but for only £1600 more I got all the toys (the conv pack an tints are included) + the upgraded 1.4tsi engine.

Can perfectly understand if finances don't permit but I thought the 1.4 Xcellence upgrade was a no brainer - especially today as there's no advantage in VED going for the smaller engine. But just had a look at the broker prices and see the difference between the two models is now almost £2500 :eek: Not sure why that is but if I were buying again, think I'd do exactly what you've done and ordered the 1.0 SE-T.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Etchings said:
Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, you won't regret it :) (Well, we're biased here).

Delivery date should approach fairly soon - 12-16 weeks is normal(ish) delivery time for the UK. I'm 3 months into the wait already - time's flown by really (just need the car to arrive now!).
Thank you! If they said 12 weeks that would be amazing but somehow don't think I'll be that lucky.

Golfmk56 said:
Another West of Scotland Ateca! Same here, on paper 1.0 seemed perfect for our purpose but naturally doubts creep in - it's got to struggle halling an SUV around, right? I had to travel thru to Glasgow as they had the only 1.0 demo I could source (there was no way I was going to order that engine without a test drive). To be honest, 2mins in the car and I was sold on the engine. (especially when I pulled over to the side of the road and thought the stop/start had kicked in - but the engine was still running, it was just so quite). Initially ordered an SE Tech but changed to Xcellence as I thought it better value for money. Unfortunately they don't do a 1.0 in the higher trim but for only £1600 more I got all the toys (the conv pack an tints are included) + the upgraded 1.4tsi engine.

Can perfectly understand if finances don't permit but I thought the 1.4 Xcellence upgrade was a no brainer - especially today as there's no advantage in VED going for the smaller engine. But just had a look at the broker prices and see the difference between the two models is now almost £2500 :eek: Not sure why that is but if I were buying again, think I'd do exactly what you've done and ordered the 1.0 SE-T.
I know I think I can count on 1 hand how many Ateca's I've seen around Glasgow. A rare breed indeed which makes having one that little bit more special! I was the same as you with the 1.0 - as soon as I drove out the dealer all my worries got left behind. Couldn't believe how quiet and refined it is compared to my Qashqai. I would have loved the Xcellence trim but was a big jump in terms of initial deposit and it's just money that isn't there. I know what you're saying in terms of the VED though. Maybe in a few years I can go for the Xcellence trim. :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi there.

I'm a qashqai driver too, although mine is a visia so nowhere near as flash as yours :) Totally agree with you about how quiet the ateca is in comparison.

My delivery date is September too. It feels like forever :roll:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kee said:
Thank you!

LoftheM said:
Hi there.

I'm a qashqai driver too, although mine is a visia so nowhere near as flash as yours :) Totally agree with you about how quiet the ateca is in comparison.

My delivery date is September too. It feels like forever :roll:
I always look down on those visia's. hahaha

Just out of interest I was toying on whether to add the ambient lights / LED interior lights to the car. What's you opinion on them? Are they worth while having?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've also come from a 1.2 Qashqai (Acenta Premium) and agree that the Ateca engine feels far superior. I think that the standard spec of the Qashqai does give a bit more bang for your buck than the Ateca but they are too common now and I felt that the 1.2 auto was a little underpowered.

·
Registered
164 Posts
jackbauer said:
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum with interest for a while now so finally decided to register so I can post.
Welcome Jack. Nice to see another Glasgow person on the Ateca waiting list! I've only seen one in the wild in the Glasgow area. So it looks like there won't be many of us for a while unless Seat increase production!

·
Registered
526 Posts
jackbauer said:
Just out of interest I was toying on whether to add the ambient lights / LED interior lights to the car. What's you opinion on them? Are they worth while having?
I had to get the ambient lights in order get the panoramic roof, no idea why! I think tho it'll add a nice premium feel during those dark drives on motorways at light, but tbh if I didn't have to get it I wouldn't have selected it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nsign77 said:
I've also come from a 1.2 Qashqai (Acenta Premium) and agree that the Ateca engine feels far superior. I think that the standard spec of the Qashqai does give a bit more bang for your buck than the Ateca but they are too common now and I felt that the 1.2 auto was a little underpowered.
Agreed! I will miss some of the spec on my Qashqai but you're right every other car you see is a Qashqai so having something a bit different from the crowd will be good!

Accord2Ateca said:
Welcome Jack. Nice to see another Glasgow person on the Ateca waiting list! I've only seen one in the wild in the Glasgow area. So it looks like there won't be many of us for a while unless Seat increase production!
Thank you! It will be good to see a few more in and around Glasgow - just not too many so we can still feel special haha.

Bartel said:
Thank you!

kee said:
I had to get the ambient lights in order get the panoramic roof, no idea why! I think tho it'll add a nice premium feel during those dark drives on motorways at light, but tbh if I didn't have to get it I wouldn't have selected it!
That was my thinking to add a bit of a premium feel on a dull rainy morning or driving home on a cold winters night. Do you know any more details on the pack? Does it replace all interior lights with LED's i.e. the glovebox, boot, footwells etc. and also are the coloured light strips just on the front doors or are they on the rear ones as well?

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some good news to share with you. I got an email from the dealer today to say my car has arrived in the UK and said that I could pick it up as early as next week if I wanted. Given we're only a few weeks away from the 67 plates coming out on 1st September think I'm going to hang off and pick it up on the 1st or 2nd September. I've waited since May so a couple more weeks doesn't really bother me to get a 67 plate. So timescale between ordering and taking delivery if I picked it up next week would be about 11-12 weeks which isn't too bad considering some of the wait times you read about on this forum.

Dealer also confirmed my car has the 2018 spec.

Counting down the days now! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice one :)

I pick mine up beginning of September too and the dealer told me I was lucky as the average wait time is now 32 weeks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
LoftheM said:

I pick mine up beginning of September too and the dealer told me I was lucky as the average wait time is now 32 weeks.
Sure are - I got the e-mail on Tuesday saying my car had arrived in-country with pick-up possible in about 2 weeks; but I ordered at the start of March! :shock:

I'm waiting until 1st of Sept too... waited this long so can wait a little longer. Dealer said some customers ordering around the same time as me still don't have a confirmed build date (surprised they haven't cancelled tbh).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Etchings said:
LoftheM said:

Sure are - I got the e-mail on Tuesday saying my car had arrived in-country with pick-up possible in about 2 weeks; but I ordered at the start of March! :shock:

I'm waiting until 1st of Sept too... waited this long so can wait a little longer. Dealer said some customers ordering around the same time as me still don't have a confirmed build date (surprised they haven't cancelled tbh).
Good to hear!! Looks like they'll be a flourish of new Atecas on the roads in a few weeks time!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Indeed and in the mean time a load of dealer storage yards filling up with them as we're all waiting for the new plates! :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
And the gallery on here will be flooded with pics of our new shiney Atecas ;-)

Got my handover booked in for 2nd September :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts