Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

<t>Start /Stop switched on and DSG: is it a bad or dangerous combination when driving?</t>

• <t>Yes - I I live in London or the South East and find it a problem</t>

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • <t>Yes - I live elsewhere in the U.K. and find it a problem</t>

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • <t>No - I live in London or the South East and it's not a problem</t>

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • <t>No - I lives elsewhere in the U.K. and it's not a problem</t>

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An important question on Start/Stop and the DSG gearbox, as explored in the Start/Stop thread on the forum. Views are very polarised as it has been suggested that this is an unsuitable feature in the Ateca DSG as in London and the South East drivers are so impatient that this presents a safety issue when dealing with their driving styles. What do you think??

PS for the record, as the poster of this, I i do not agree about the sweeping generalisation made about drivers in this part of the country, as I'm sure both considerate and inconsiderate drivers are evenly distributed UK wide.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good call Mcderms, and by the way I agree with your PS :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Not so sure about the PS. Essex is the centre for not bothering to indicate and my road (which isn't in Essex) is the centre for direct action of drivers kicking in headlights of women drivers that push there way threw. One guy got out ran down the road smashed her tail lights in, got into his car and drove off.

Centre Lane drivers are evenly spread. Now we have four lanes, they take the third Lane, which is good of them since that leaves the 1st Lane for undertaking. Not that I would ever do that ;).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell said:
Not so sure about the PS. Essex is the centre for not bothering to indicate and my road (which isn't in Essex) is the centre for direct action of drivers kicking in headlights of women drivers that push there way threw. One guy got out ran down the road smashed her tail lights in, got into his car and drove off.

Centre Lane drivers are evenly spread. Now we have four lanes, they take the third Lane, which is good of them since that leaves the 1st Lane for undertaking. Not that I would ever do that ;).
Well, Tell, people who are allegedly behaving in such a manner need to examine both their consciences and behaviour when it comes to damaging others' cars!

Just a shame I can't vote in the poll as I'm a manual driver :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
women drivers that push there way threw
you can't help it can you? :lol: :roll:

you could have just said "drivers that push their way through"

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can't comment because I haven't got my Ateca yet and it will be my first car with start/stop. I do think it would be better if people said what they had to say once and then zipped it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DSG4WD said:
I can't comment because I haven't got my Ateca yet and it will be my first car with start/stop. I do think it would be better if people said what they had to say once and then zipped it.
:D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Saggy said:
women drivers that push there way threw
you can't help it can you? :lol: :roll:

you could have just said "drivers that push their way through"
I thought I would help myself.... I seem to recall it was an open top she was driving.... she ploughed down the road forcing him up the pavement so he took direct action. Evidently she was stuck further down so it gave enough time to abuse her lights and get back in again and drive off.

Some of the other accidents you hear smashing sounds but you don't know what happened, but since there was honking and verbal abuse enough time to get to the window. Only one slight prang of a wing mirror tonight so not so bad...

One prang last week was someone hit the roofers van who was working down the road, he was in it so took off and chased them at high speed.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Niggly said:
So that's how you get into that size 12 latex outfit - not that it's etched an unforgettable picture. :)
imagine a badly packed sausage bursting at the seams and the picture is more realistic :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saggy said:
Niggly said:
So that's how you get into that size 12 latex outfit - not that it's etched an unforgettable picture. :)
imagine a badly packed sausage bursting at the seams and the picture is more realistic :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Can we call you "Banger" from now on then :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
Niggly said:
Can we call you "Banger" from now on then :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
mcderms said:
Some relevant musical interludes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: reminds me I must try and get or watch a copy of Sausage Party. It looks hilarious :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.