Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering whether leather might have an advantage of reducing static when leaving your car. I normally ground myself with my coat but more tricky in a T shirt. Holding your devices when leaving the vehicle and getting a wack from the door is unsettling although your electronics probably don't get the charge just you, unless you used them as the probe to close the door...

I'm now thinking leather might have one redeeming feature in reducing static ?.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Maybe for others Tell but no doubt your electric personality will ensure it continues to happen to you ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit hot and dry, rental Serena that is electrocuting me daily at the minute on fabric seats, probably my bum slides down the seat as I drop to the ground charging me up, turn to close and outch. I know you are all heading into dam weather so probably aren't getting too much static. I can see a positive advantage of the dreaded leather seats if you don't get static. This was never listed in the pro's and con's of leather v cloth on the net.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.