Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how I keep the car in sport mode? Even if it selected on the dial each time it is turned on it seems to reset to standard unless I change the dial and move it back to Sport.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You cannot leave it in Sport mode. Next time you start it will default to Normal, however I have noticed that it still has the Sport mode on the dial illuminated but the gears are not in Sport mode. The other options may be in Sport mode but it is difficult to tell the difference anyway. Very wierd!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fred99 said:
You cannot leave it in Sport mode. Next time you start it will default to Normal, however I have noticed that it still has the Sport mode on the dial illuminated but the gears are not in Sport mode. The other options may be in Sport mode but it is difficult to tell the difference anyway. Very wierd!
Yes I know this happens, my question is whether there is any way around it via settings etc. It is a massive PITA at the moment as you have to turn the dial away from sport to turn it back to sport and re-enable.

Every other car I have driven that has a dial based driving mode stays in that mode when it is switched off and on. My GTR does reset but it doesn't have a dial it just has toggle switches so that makes slightly more sense.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Apart from the DSG selecting Sport mode, have you noticed any significant changes to anything else?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Totally anecdotal here and maybe not even relevant but I prefer leaving it in 'normal'. That way, when I do turn it into 'sport' mode, the extra oomph and nimbleness is a nice surprise, rather than eventually adjusting to the new 'standard'.

Maybe this is why Seat have this setup. Who knows.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My manual stays on the mode I leave it in..
Why did they make it so only the DSG reverts back to normal then?? Stupid!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's particularly stupid when the selector is a dial, when you would expect the bloody thing to stay it he mode that the dial indicates.

The gearbox performs far better in sport hence I would like it to stay in sport all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I leave mine on sport via the dial which keeps all but the transmission mode in sport at start up then if I want to select sport transmission I just nudge the gear selector back and sport is engaged, nudge it back again and it is disengaged but all other settings remain in sport.
Great for when you want that extra oomph

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thommo said:
I leave mine on sport via the dial which keeps all but the transmission mode in sport at start up then if I want to select sport transmission I just nudge the gear selector back and sport is engaged, nudge it back again and it is disengaged but all other settings remain in sport.
Well this is exactly what I do but it is retarded that we have to switch out of Sport and back again isn't it?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would consider the failure to remain in Sport mode, when selected, across vehicle restarts, as a software defect. The control clearly retains the relevant mode selection, as expected, but this is not actioned by the vehicle as a whole during system initialisation on restart. Someone shoot the programmer!

(twixt you and me, I'm in the camp with those who leave the beast in normal mode and flick the lever to flip between 'D' and 'S' modes as needed in traffic; I find the gearbox in Sport mode can be a little reluctant to change up in normal town driving, but a little reluctant to step off smartly in Drive mode - flicking between D and S gives the box a bit of a hint as to desired behaviour. It also has something of the feel of switching gears - changing down on approach to a junction or up as you hit your desired steady speed...)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ghiggz said:
My manual stays on the mode I leave it in..
Why did they make it so only the DSG reverts back to normal then?? Stupid!!
My 1.4 TSI manual doesn't stay in the sport mode when I leave the dial in sport. I have to move the dial to normal and back to sport if I want it in sport mode. According to the user guide, this is how it operates and it did the same in my previous 1.4 TSI Skoda Octavia III, albeit without the dial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AndyE14 said:
Thommo said:
Well this is exactly what I do but it is retarded that we have to switch out of Sport and back again isn't it?
It is, but it's only a little nuisance that I'm sure I can live with considering I'm more than happy with the car in general.
Never had a car yet that is 100% perfect ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have found a reasonable solution. Put all the Sport profile settings in the individual profile. If you then select individual profile, it will restart in that profile.

·
Registered
Ateca 2.0 TDI Xcellence 4Drive 190 DSG in Urban Silver with all the extras
1 Posts
Fred99 said:
I have found a reasonable solution. Put all the Sport profile settings in the individual profile. If you then select individual profile, it will restart in that profile.
Does this actually work mate? I am going to give it a go, it is very annoying every time you start the car you have to change back manually to sport mode.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Now that this thread has come to my attention... I also find it a little irritating that it doesn't remember the sport mode. So they've not fixed it in 4yrs... :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dal22 said:
Now that this thread has come to my attention... I also find it a little irritating that it doesn't remember the sport mode. So they've not fixed it in 4yrs... :)
My car stays in whatever mode I leave it in along with my heater temperature and blower setting and the same view on the virtual cockpit so they might have fixed it or it's ok on the facelift models or maybe because I have the memory package..??

·
Registered
211 Posts
All cars keep blower/temp etc settings. As to retaining the Sport setting I'd be very surprised if that had changed. Just out of interest I left mine in "Individual" this afternoon. I'll see what the shift setting says tomorrow morning. I'd be extremely surprised if it was "fixed" as it wasn't a fault, it was one way for SEAT to meet the overall emissions and economy figures, and was designed that way.

·
Registered
253 Posts
rafletcher said:
All cars keep blower/temp etc settings.
Not if I pick up my Mrs key fob for it, it will go back to the same settings as it was the last time she drove it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
RA13 said:
rafletcher said:
All cars keep blower/temp etc settings.
Not if I pick up my Mrs key fob for it, it will go back to the same settings as it was the last time she drove it.
Yes it is - it's remembering the settings relative to the individual key, and always (hopefully) will.

And I can confirm that on a PFL Cupra Ateca with MIB2 high, it does not retain drive settings, so although it was left in "individual" which has a Sport engine mode, and indeed "Individual" was still illuminated on the selector dial this morning (now that IS a bug that irritates me) it defaulted to normal engine mode.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts