Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years a go I had a VW Lupo 3L TDI and when I put the gear shifter in tiptronic mode the Stop/Start system was disabled. Has the Ateca with DSG gearbox this system as well?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have never driven it I tiptronic mode. I've used my flappy paddles occasionally to override the auto but not in full mode

If I get a chance and remember and don't confuse myself I will give it a try for you :)

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
no I don't think you should read that thread lol

the tiptronic bit may react totally differently (that is where you shove lever across and change gear yourself isn't it?)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
no I don't think you should read that thread lol

the tiptronic bit may react totally differently (that is where you shove lever across and change gear yourself isn't it?)
Yes - it should be read :lol: :lol:
Might give an entirely different perspective on this very important issue, Saggy !
Perhaps free pain killers should be offered, though!
Yes - that's it; TV gets sponsored, so why not Artecaforums.co.uk sponsored by Anadin :lol: :lol: :p

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I can't see it would behave any differently to the paddles myself. The Ateca is set up like the Golf 7 so whatever that does it does the same. I guess if you stop gently enough in gear without too much foot pressure on the brake you will get the same result, but to really test it you would have to stop quickly as you do in normal traffic and it I'm sure it would stop the engine. Brake pressure being the deciding factor + whether you are not moving + engine is hot + AC not running on high + battery is fine etc.

I've disabled my stop start so I can't test it unless I change it back. I'm sure someone else will test it for you on a warmed up engine :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi was using mine it tiptronic mode today and stop start does still work I stopped at a junction in first gear and engine stopped as in auto mode.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
gwagen said:
Hi was using mine it tiptronic mode today and stop start does still work I stopped at a junction in first gear and engine stopped as in auto mode.
thanks for checking Gwagen. Saves me trying to remember tomorrow to test it :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I thought it would. As illuded to on other threads I'm taking a close took at how it behave now I'm not affected by it but can see when it kicks in or in my case tries to and it gets flagged up on the dash. You have to get your foot off the brake pretty quick like within two seconds to stop the SS kicking in assuming autohold is on. Any longer and it takes it as you have stopped. VW Tiguan Mk2 drivers it gets them before they stop cutting off the engine. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ateca does this as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.