Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yeah.... give you the thread... done with ODB Vag....

It's this Vag modification

Disable Start/Stop
Select Control unit 19
Adaptation
Start Stop Limit voltage
Value=12
See my post Saturday 14th January

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516&start=50

It's all working fine. I cover in that how it works. It will never trouble you again. All you see is a small icon each time you stop to the left of the screen which shows you the gear you are in (top right), the icon shows that stop start is disabled.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Been out to the car and took a picture. The only icon you see when stationary from now on is the stop start disabled one, top right in the rectangular information screen, left of the P.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Do you live it Switzerland?.

It's fine for a manual not for a DSG. Considerable number of people curse it online.

It's poorly executed on the VW, it should remember the last setting so you can disable it in free moving trafic. Enable it in stop start town driving. Not head off and finding the engine cutting out at the first roundabout or right junction for us, left if LHD.

On a DSG that two second delay in getting away can cause an accident and is unsafe. Manual drivers frig with the clutch to stop it being active. You can be light footed with a DSG on breaking but that is unreliable.

That's about it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I drive a DSG and I leave mine on

99% of the time you can anticipate the traffic and have it back running just before you need it

Adjust driving style slightly and it's fine

I have switched it off a couple of times when at a particularly busy junction or round about where 1/10th second counts but generally mine is left on

I'd perhaps feel differently in different traffic/route but works fine for me in my daily commute

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You drive in the country not busy roads Saggy. You jam your foot down on a roundabout for an emergency stop, stop start then stops the car, your then compromised when you pull away. It's crazy. If you drive like a pensioner at 30 mph you are fine but certainly not in the south of England with SS in a DSG.

Simp, you need Android with Blutooth, a wifi connection or 3g / 4g. You download the app and you can buy it from there you need the pro activation key else you can't do the fancy stuff and the ring pull is handy to pull it out after use. I just push it in place by touch now and pull it out on the ring key. It does all VW cars. You don't leave it in else it keeps all of the cars systems live and will flatten the battery, they do, not the dongle. You use it with the car running.

It was about £60 at Xmas don't know what offers they have at the minute but you do need the pro.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Why on earth are you needing to do emergency stops at a round about ??!!

And note I said suits my drive and I have switched off a few times depending on condition

You don't know where the poster is going to be driving
Might suit him too

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Because the sods down here don't indicate.

PS did I ever tell you my driving instructor was an ex Paratrooper so I was taught the commando style of driving :). You go for it when you have to, switching driving styles.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You can trigger it to start again in anticipation....

Straight at traffic lights is the perfect scenario

Pull up, brake hard enough so it triggers

Watch lights

As start to change trigger engine (touch accelerator or move steering wheel) pull away smoothly in flow of traffic

As I said, an odd time when at a sensitive fast junction, round about then switch off but most the time if driven correctly it works just fine and stops you gassing the pedestrians

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
Because the sods down here don't indicate.
It's not just down South Tell

I guess you mean brake sharp rather than emergency stop

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Don't think so

And at some point will become law to be enabled

Big campaigns at min about people in queues idling etc

If we all switched off emissions would be massively reduced quite simply

·
Registered
189 Posts
If they do that, they need to put motion sensors on all traffic lights (and can we have the little ones on the poles like in France please-and-thank-you-and-goodnight?!) so that we're not sat around unnecessarily

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Suppose to cause more pollution stop starting in short periods than keeping it running. You been listening to too much of the PM programme this week Saggy.

At the minute it isn't unlawful to disable stop start in the UK, Germany it is so I understand. That's why they locked the German Ateca thread on the subject. Switzerland you have to turn off if stationary.

Oh did I not paste in this page Simp... oops. Look for it on the Playstore, exact name is ODBELEVEN but this is the app where you can order the device within it. The icon on the Playstore is as shown:... should mention everything I've done without micro payments so it's cost me nothing more than the capital costs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
For every report that says is good there is one that says bad

Same as the trade offs in type of pollution from diesel or petrol

If a load of tosh though why are major world cities adopting it?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
What stop start or their hatred of diesel.... my conscious is clear since I don't drive throu cities. I use public transport in London only drive heading out from the suburbs.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.