Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ordered my new Ateca 15th of september and I got a build date that says the year of 2017 only. No month or day was specified.

The car I ordered is a TSI 150 ACT DSG7 EXCELLENCE front weel drive.

It is by the longest time I have waited for a car delivery.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello

Welcome to the forum

here in UK I ordered about same time

Original date given was in 2017 but then it has been pulled forward to (supposedly) the week before xmas

there is quite a discussion on waiting times in a post on here I'm sure you'll find as you look around :)

Hopefully they will be worth the wait !!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The 2WD 150 DSG has been withdrawn from the price list. In Spain, if you had the order in the pipeline earlier they are changing the order to 4WD models and if it was a DSG on order they would replace it with the top of the range 190Tdi 4WD/DSG. They have said they will start taking orders again in January for delivery around April.

This was announced before you ordered your car (24th August) so I doubt that you would get that upgrade, assuming it was offered in Sweden. It has not been offered in the UK.

Lots of comments on this thread

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=207

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I read it as TDI first, I think it is as written TSI 150 ACT DSG7 EXCELLENCE. The petrol DSG Ateca was never sold in the UK probably since Seat UK regard their market as manual shifter youngsters or the image therein. But Freddie is correct if it is a TDI 150. It is evidence that Seat put delivery sometime ahead in some cases.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You're right - I misread that, possibly because if I put my UK hat on the petrol 150DSG model does not exist in the UK.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
A fair few Brits would have liked to have ordered that spec if they could. I'm sticking with diesel for the time being and moving to 4Drive.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I'm sure they would as you can only have Adaptive Cruise Control with DSG. The configurator is a bit ambiguous, but I cannot see how you can have Traffic Jam Assist unless you have DSG as it is capable of bringing the car to a stop and restarting and it is effectively an extension of Adaptive Cruise Control.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered mine 1/6-16 in Sweden and have not got any build date yet.
The reason to this is according to my seller, Manufacturing of TSI petrol 150 with DSG first starts at week 45.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
My dealer gave me a build date of week 48 for an order placed for a 150Tsi DSG at the end of August. I think your dealer has got it wrong! They are also now being delivered in Spain - I drove one 3 weeks ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finaly got build date for my car when asking Seat Sweden demanding a straight answer. I ordered my car 15:th of september and they will start building it week 10, 2017. That is in the midle of March. Seat told me that it is restrictions for the orange paint and the electrical adjustable drivers seat I ordered. If I change the order and choose another color I will get the car faster.

·
Registered
118 Posts
atecasweden said:
I finaly got build date for my car when asking Seat Sweden demanding a straight answer. I ordered my car 15:th of september and they will start building it week 10, 2017. That is in the midle of March. Seat told me that it is restrictions for the orange paint and the electrical adjustable drivers seat I ordered. If I change the order and choose another color I will get the car faster.
I had to remove the electrically operated drivers seat otherwise my build date would have jumped to next year.. Small price (not to) to pay removing it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer gave me information today. New build date is week 13 and that is 3 weeks later than Seat Sweden told me back earlier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow!! New build date again. Dealer says my car is in produktion cycle week 11 and I can sit in the car week 16. Coming closer and closer... My wife asked me where we should go the first Ateca week. Have to think about that. Some day I want to travel to the village of Lanner in the UK but that have to wait until later on. We will probably travel to the south of Sweden.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered mid september 2016 and finally my car is built and shipped. My car dealer says that the car is in a German port 27 March. I do not know more than that. It seems that the wait is blown away and now only remains to sell the old car, my Renault Megane 2010. Today, a speculator on the old car and I hope we can agree and make a good deal. As for the old car has probably every weird person in Sweden sent text message with one bid lower than the others. It will be very nice to have sold my Renault and exit the store and just wait for my new Ateca.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
atecasweden said:
I ordered mid september 2016 and finally my car is built and shipped.
Greetings from your eastern neighbour, and congratulations! I ordered mine here in Finland about the same time as you did. I'm still waiting confirmation for the build week. Provisional build week is just three weeks ahead, keeping my fingers crossed it will hold. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tet70 said:
atecasweden said:
I ordered mid september 2016 and finally my car is built and shipped.
Greetings from your eastern neighbour, and congratulations! I ordered mine here in Finland about the same time as you did. I'm still waiting confirmation for the build week. Provisional build week is just three weeks ahead, keeping my fingers crossed it will hold. :)
Hallo Tet70 and thank you for the greetings. I hope you will get the confirmation soon. I'm so close to get my car and I visit the local dealer every evening in order to see if my car has arrived there. Last time I was there they had a dark blue Ateca and that car has the the same build date as my car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i am so happy I already got mine cause in Denmark the delivery time is now 2018 :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Ateca has arived to dealer yesterday. Dealer will fix the car going from transport mode to customer mode and I can probaly drive the Ateca by the end of next week. It is so close now. Me and my wife and all my friends at work are thrilled that the orange Ateca is finaly coming to live.
I live in a town with nearly 60.000 inhabitants and I will be the only one with an orange Ateca. They will all know that is me coming when they spot my car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts