Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it's possible to turn off the warning sound when you close the tailgate using you foot?

It's a rather annoying peep to my ears

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Ateca German forumn have details via Vagcom codes that's listed on ODBeleven on this board where we been covering the ODB subject.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516

In that thread I link to the page where they list off the modifications

The link on the German board is this

https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2223-Deaktivierung-der-Warnt%C3%B6ne-Signalt%C3%B6ne-bei-verbauter-Heckklappensteuerung/

In English

Deactivation of the warning / beep signals with the tailgate control unit installed

In the tailgate control unit you have the option to deactivate the warning tone / beep when the tailgate is closed with the Seat Ateca 5F.
The following coding must be used:

Select STG 6D (tailgate)
STG Access Permission -> Function 16
Enter code: 12345

STG Adjustment -> Function 10
Enable channel (6) equipment - Select sound pickup
Set the channel to not active

Source.
Those clever technically minded Germans :).

On the sound it's so you don't trap your head. Mine had the latest update and new unit. I know some people moaned about it. Mine is fairly quite so I do wonder whether it was toned down by Seat and earlier ones were more noisy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
On the sound it's so you don't trap your head. Mine had the latest update and new unit. I know some people moaned about it. Mine is fairly quite so I do wonder whether it was toned down by Seat and earlier ones were more noisy.
sounds like a lorry reversing ......... I don't find it too loud though.
Perhaps me and Tell are deafer than others :shock:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
trogette said:
As someone who once shut the driver's side electric window on her face, I'm not having that disabled any time soon...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
it really hurt, and I had a bruise across my cheek for ages! I was leaning out to make sure I didn't run over a cat while reversing off the drive, had a failure of process ordering and closed the window...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
trogette said:
it really hurt, and I had a bruise across my cheek for ages! I was leaning out to make sure I didn't run over a cat while reversing off the drive, had a failure of process ordering and closed the window...
can just picture it :mrgreen:

I once nearly knocked myself out by bending over as I was opening the car door ~ I spotted my then husbands ex wife and ducked so she didn't see me and smacked myself aside my head with the door :oops:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Does sound nasty, trapped window and head, Saggy's injury as well. I had / have a collapsed eardrum due to a flight where the pressure was low so I get constant whistling in the ears after that. The only solution was psychotic drugs that tell your brain all is OK, so passed on that after I looked up the ingredients. So yes I do have to be careful that I hear things.

I do wonder whether after the tailgate control module was updated whether earlier ones are more noisy. I won't be altering mine due to that reason that is the warning.

BTW the cats having his inaugural journey in the car to the vets today...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
trogette said:
can just picture it :mrgreen:

I once nearly knocked myself out by bending over as I was opening the car door ~ I spotted my then husbands ex wife and ducked so she didn't see me and smacked myself aside my head with the door :oops:
You and Trogette are a couple of liabilities, lol :lol:

You need to be careful with what you're doing; remember what can happen if you don't pay proper attention:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4597607.stm :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
trogette said:
Tbf, with the DSG and all the bells and whistles, he probably could...
probably better than me !!!!

I got beeped at at traffic lights the other day ....... they were green, I was stationary

I was mortified

I have no idea what the sequence of events was that lead to it. presumably red when I stopped and had then changed but as I was chatting to my niece and I never noticed ~ wanted to look on my cam to see but it didn't record

not like I can fade into the background in my car and with my plate :eek:

I'm turning into the type of driver I despise :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
trogette said:
Tbf, with the DSG and all the bells and whistles, he probably could...
probably better than me !!!!

I got beeped at at traffic lights the other day ....... they were green, I was stationary

I was mortified

I have no idea what the sequence of events was that lead to it. presumably red when I stopped and had then changed but as I was chatting to my niece and I never noticed ~ wanted to look on my cam to see but it didn't record

not like I can fade into the background in my car and with my plate :eek:

I'm turning into the type of driver I despise :shock: :oops:
Slowcoach, lol :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell said:
BTW the cats having his inaugural journey in the car to the vets today...
purrfect
is he driving?
He dosed all the way and wasn't bothered about the car. He likes stringed instruments to chills out to, so I played him Bill Frisell Disfarmer Project. He's a sophisticated cat. Then he watched the birds out the window whilst he had his annual check and jabs.

& we did the two lock clicks when I popped in to use the loo before taking him in.

So we are all purrfect...he travels in the passenger seat clipped to the belt.... the carrier that is.

PS I got beeped at, at a junction but we were chilling out :).

·
Registered
189 Posts
mcderms said:
You and Trogette are a couple of liabilities, lol :lol:

You need to be careful with what you're doing; remember what can happen if you don't pay proper attention:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4597607.stm :shock: :shock: :shock:
And then there are the times when I nyoom it to get through one set of lights, have to anchor on when the next lights change to red, daughter's cake gets squished...

And yeah... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36572649

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.