Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have not posted much here at all, but have been an avid reader. Placed my order last week with a mid-March delivery.

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge my appreciation for Tell and the detailed knowledge that he has sought out and shared with all of us here. I'm sure that the information shared has helped many people make more informed decisions, including those, like me, that don't make many active contributions.

Tell, I have greatly appreciated the effort that you've put into seeking information on the questions that I would otherwise have to harass uninterested salespeople with. I'm confident that I'm not alone in my gratitude.

Wishing peace and contentment to you and yours and all those that read this at the end of this year, and with hope that much enjoyment comes your way in the year ahead,
Brian

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well said Brian, and I am sure that most members on here would agree with you.

I have certainly learned a lot more about the Ateca from reading Tell's posts, such as what to look out for, as well as what to avoid, and any questions I have asked have always been answered quickly and comprehensively, so is a big "Thank You" to him from me also!

As I will not be at home for Christmas this year, I guess that I will not be able to spend as much time following this Forum as I would like, so I will take this opportunity to wish all members, both old and new, a Very Happy Christmas, and a great New Year.

May you all get the Ateca you wish for, as I am sure we will be seeing a lot more of them on the U.K. roads in 2017! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
A big *Thank You* to Tell also from me!
We should all appreciate his comprehensive knowledge and willingness to explore and share it here.
Man, you save me a lot of time for not agonize myself with German Ateca board.. And for all the details that I could not even phrase google search properly, everything is here under some of many topics. Hats off to that.

And I will have a lot more questions when Ateca finally arrive. :D
All the best

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thank you Brian, Montala and Djotun. The board is of course made up by the people that post and some of us have been around from when the Ateca was a twinkle in some peoples eyes or something like that. You must have registered before I did Brian.

I have had some good advice on aspects of the car from a number of people which I'm grateful for and you know who you are :). Wouldn't want to name some and leave others out. Ghizzg has been good giving me the Drive App as an APK file and the pictures of where my missing passenger foot light should be. Freddie explaining the Leon Mk3 headlights switch gear so I can continue to reverse out of drives using the low down fog lights (in full LED they are normal bulbs quite warm coloured). Saggy with the Saggy setting heated mirror position. Kindness with his trawling of reviews and pictures.... hopefully he will get his orange peril soon. The rubber mat advice was a god send since the chiller box doesn't budge an inch now.

Talking of which (the colour) I had Magpie doing things for me, think that was the brake-light autohold business although if you have a manual and live on the flat you are blessed. The DSG doesn't have any issue so far at least with hill starts. Think the issue that Thomas alluded to in the video for "garage parking" with autohold is that the car can get a bit jumpy if you are doing very small movements going in and out of autohold - best to do it in one or take autohold off if manual. The DSG will crawl as automatics do so not an issue. Ernie who we haven't seen recently was a paragon of useful information on VW products. (You wouldn't think that I was the deputy head of a research department once tasking people to do things...)

Useful posts obviously from VW Vag on insurance and the Seat freebie additional insurance, front emergency protection in action and DPF regeneration "cooking tonight" as I think of it burn off of what is in the diesel particle trap. Other boards for other cars report the tar on their drive melts during this process... possibly those with garages might want to review what they keep on the garage floor. Magpie again on the reduction of the sensitivity of the front protection warning but not the effect of when it is applied, although it can be turned off. Dropping windows, tailgates lifting by themselves and foot wiggles not working, latter due to productions issues in a module, German board to thank for that. So many good posts by a range of people.

The car is very easy to drive and it does have the Seat feel to it.... talking of which I'm still searching for an audiophile to get down to the bottom of the Seat sound system settings. I found what I thought was the best ideal equaliser setting but I haven't yet found an audiophile person to say what they think, needs with and without the Navigation Plus. Speaker do also wear in and the sound profile may need flexing a bit from the one I posted up.

I trust everybody has a pleasant Christmas and a Happy New Year and even better when your wheels arrive for those waiting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another thanks mate for Tell... fwiw with the Seat Sound, I'm happy enough with it, we tweaked it so that the fader was set just a tad rear of middle. I listen to music a *lot*, the standard audio was far too muddy on the demo we drove, really glad we went for the SS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.