Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I'm waiting for my Ateca (April next year if lucky) :( just wondering what everyones favourite feature is, what they dislike the most and anything that they think is ugly or should of been done differently?

Would also be interested to hear what made you specifically go for the Ateca.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I have a Mk 3 Leon 1.4tsi and absolutely love it. Problem is I keep banging my head getting in. And my geriatric knees give me grief getting out of it!

The Ateca is a perfect solution to both those problems at the same time giving me all the advantages of the Leon driving enjoyment. In addition to that, I can't resist all those high tech options! There are very few cars on the road, at any price, that offer all those gizmos and those that do charge the earth for them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Like you, I am not due to pick up my car until next year, so I can't really comment on it too much yet, although I would have liked a bit more flexibility in the options on offer. For example, why can't you order an Xcellence with cloth seats, or an SE with 18" wheels, for example; but having said that, I am more than happy with my final selection!

I reply to your final comment, I started off by looking at the Audi Q2, and was seriously considering ordering one... until I just happened to pick up a copy of 'What Car' magazine' with the headline "New SEAT Ateca beats Audi Q2" emblazoned across it's front cover!

As our nearest showrooms for both manufactures are literally across the road from each other, it was easy to make a direct comparison and to compare them both. So far as I (and my wife!) was concerned the Ateca won hands down, and there was an instant attraction!

My order was placed the following week! :)

(The car is actually due to be build (at the moment anyway) far sooner than either myself, or our dealer, expected, which is good news!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
The automatic parking brake is magical, but the fact that you can't use it in full automatic mode without contravening the Highway Code is awful. Belluszyra fully intends to moan to the dealer about the lack of 12v socket/USB in the boot or back seats at every opportunity, and the glove box is derisory. The badge is the ugly, that's the only thing I can think of that's not well styled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a little annoyed at the lack of a 12v socket in the boot as well but I think a little additional wiring may be on the cards to sort that problem out. Does seem a little strange unless they forgot. At least there is a light I guess

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
trogette said:
The automatic parking brake is magical, but the fact that you can't use it in full automatic mode without contravening the Highway Code is awful. Belluszyra fully intends to moan to the dealer about the lack of 12v socket/USB in the boot or back seats at every opportunity, and the glove box is derisory. The badge is the ugly, that's the only thing I can think of that's not well styled.
I'm not familiar with the UK Highway Code, so why exactly does the parking brake contravene it?

Any car sold in the UK has to conform with vehicle laws so it would seem odd that an "illegal" had been approved.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well the Highway Code covers the driver not the vehicle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Highway_Code

Any failure to comply with the Code is not an offence in itself, but can be taken into account by a court. The mandatory rules reflect the Statute Law, which may (and usually does) provide a separate penalty.
PDF

http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/download-pdf.html

In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.
The section above this

114.You MUST NOT

 use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road
users, including pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders

 use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. YouMUST switch
them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users (see Rule
226).

In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following
traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.

Law RVLR reg 27
Law RVLR reg 27 - see bottom one

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/27/made

Thus if you drive the manual and blind someone behind Mr Plod could have a case, but it's anti social. The DSG does it properly.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Should is not must

Must do fog lights

Should do parking brake

Difference?

Is strange the DSG is fine but manual not

Perhaps will be addressed 1st software update as even if not law it is manners ?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think VW are in a pickle over it. They have historically chopped and changed about it for manual drivers.

Once autohold is on in the DSG and you are in a queue on a bend and see a car coming from behind, don't tap the break to warn them, it won't work. Hazards is what you need like a motorway hold up. That one is worth remembering.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Should is not must

Must do fog lights

Should do parking brake

Difference?

Is strange the DSG is fine but manual not

Perhaps will be addressed 1st software update as even if not law it is manners ?
:lol: :lol: Should have been a lawyer, m'lady !

·
Registered
189 Posts
Right, but you must not dazzle other road users... this is my argument against flashing lights on pushbikes also, they're a distraction away from the rest of the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.