Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well having had a week 9 build, I'm told the car is at the port awaiting shipping! Does anyone know when the next ship from Emden to UK is due as my dealer cannot tell me anything other than it is at the port - they even seemed to think it was coming from Barcelona (surely not, as the Skoda factory are doing the builds in Czec aren't they?)

It would just be useful to know when it's likely to get to the UK and then ultimately the dealer. Reading other threads the shipping., inspection, PDI etc can all fluctuate +/- 2 weeks depending.,...Hoping to get it by end of March latest, but it could be touch n go I guess.

Thanks in anticipation! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's one for Kindness, our resident shipping expert. I think he waits for the boat to leave port then takes down the tracking information from the site he's quoted before which I didn't note down. Some dealers actually know the boats or customer services have said.

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=565&start=30

The shipping site or one of them above.

Think what's happened recently Seat tell one person about the boat then based on that information and what others have been told the boat is then deduced for others.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Grahamn said:
Well having had a week 9 build, I'm told the car is at the port awaiting shipping! Does anyone know when the next ship from Emden to UK is due as my dealer cannot tell me anything other than it is at the port...
I'm glad you posted this, Grahamn - I was a build week 8. Likewise, I've been informed my Ateca is at the port awaiting shipping. This has been a combination of Seat Customer Services & my dealer (in Reading, Berks.). Customer Services have said they can see the ship the car will be on. And it shows as a code 39 - at exit port (Emden, I believe). When it's a code 40, it's at destination port. We can't see any of these codes but the dealers can (I had this conversation yesterday with mine, whom told me the codes).

As Tell has suggested... Kindness is our resident expert on this shipping tracking. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tell/ Rojam - Agreed, I think we need Kindness's help here :) I've looked at marinetraffic.com but not sure what ship would be used or the UK port. I can see today there is one ( City of Oslo) arrived from Sheerness 0800 today into Emden, but whether that will be the one for us, I've no idea....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Rojam said:
Grahamn said:
Well having had a week 9 build, I'm told the car is at the port awaiting shipping! Does anyone know when the next ship from Emden to UK is due as my dealer cannot tell me anything other than it is at the port...
I'm glad you posted this, Grahamn - I was a build week 8. Likewise, I've been informed my Ateca is at the port awaiting shipping. This has been a combination of Seat Customer Services & my dealer (in Reading, Berks.). Customer Services have said they can see the ship the car will be on. And it shows as a code 39 - at exit port (Emden, I believe). When it's a code 40, it's at destination port. We can't see any of these codes but the dealers can (I had this conversation yesterday with mine, whom told me the codes).

As Tell has suggested... Kindness is our resident expert on this shipping tracking. ;)
Rojam, If your at code 39 I believe your car is actually already in the UK according to this from the Audi forums that give the codes which matched up to mine when I got it -

Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - Your Audi has left the factory
Order Status 38 - Arrived at Port
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

Grahamn if you can ring SEAT customer services and get your code as above we may have a better idea. There is however a transporter ship (CITY OF AMSTERDAM) due into the port of Tyne at 4pm today from Emden which may contain yours. Get the code and we can have a better idea :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think Kindness is right. Mine was build week 8 and it arrived in UK at the beginning of last week. Dealer expecting it any day now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
DSG4WD said:
I think Kindness is right. Mine was build week 8 and it arrived in UK at the beginning of last week. Dealer expecting it any day now.
I wonder how big the shipping batches are - mine was build week 6 and, last I heard, was at the docks in the UK as of last Tuesday. Sounds like it might have been on the same transport. I'm now starting to wonder how long it takes to organise a car transporter!

(if they can't deliver it by the end of this week, I'm probably stuck until after I get back from a work trip to London next week, which means collection Friday 17th at the earliest... :? )

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Rojam, If your at code 39 I believe your car is actually already in the UK according to this from the Audi forums...
My error in the excitement of trying to type faster than brain... I'm on code 38 not 39. Dealer told me next code was 40 and I was thinking then and at time of typing "what does 39 do?". Now I know.

Thank you!
:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
If it helps my Ateca left the production line on Monday 6 February and arrived in the UK on Monday 20 February. My Ateca then turned up at my dealer on Friday 3 March.

I hope this gives you an idea of how long it takes!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Grahamn said:
The Ship, City of Amsterdam seems to be at anchor right now, a bit off the coast...
She is at the dock now and will be busy unloading the cars :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ahh ok guys I see from the other post you are from down south :D In that case the already mentioned ship City of Oslo is currently docked at Emden getting its load of cars.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:727150/zoom:14

It is then estimated as due in to port of Sheerness at 14:26 on the 8th, even though weirdly its not scheduled in till 02:00 on the 9th. Either way if they are loaded on that ship it will reach the UK by this Thursday :D

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/198/United_Kingdom_port:SHEERNESS

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you, Kindness... our shipping expert comes up with the goods again! :D

I've just checked with Seat Customer Services and it appears that my Ateca wasn't on the City of Oslo... :( It still shows as being at port of exit, so in Emden. They've said it's been there since last Thursday (2nd March) and normally takes about 10 days before being shipped. So likely to go in the few days.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Rojam said:
Thank you, Kindness... our shipping expert comes up with the goods again! :D

I've just checked with Seat Customer Services and it appears that my Ateca wasn't on the City of Oslo... :( It still shows as being at port of exit, so in Emden. They've said it's been there since last Thursday (2nd March) and normally takes about 10 days before being shipped. So likely to go in the few days.
Oh dear, sorry about that Rojam. I've just checked the port off Sheerness for expected arrivals and unfortunately it doesnt look like any are expected till after the 18th. They seem to use RO RO (roll on roll off) cargo ships named after cities. The ones I know have carried Atecas are City of Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris, Oslo. So unless they are using another ship or possibly delivering it to Grimsby or Tyne, you may have a wait yet :( Looks like Port of Tyne has one due in today at 4pm then another on Saturday. Hopefully it will be on one of them and ship it down by road transported. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am still waiting on my car through the leasing company my work use, I received an update yesterday to say my delivery date was delayed from this Friday to next Friday but that it was in transit (so fingers crossed it was on City of Oslo - which i was following since finding this post), I had previously spoken to them on the 28th Feb where they told me it was sitting in Emden and had been there for 10 days at that point (the longest they said they were aware of cars sitting at Emden was around 14 days), so it sounds like they have built up a bit of a queue over there

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Oh dear, sorry about that Rojam. I've just checked the port off Sheerness for expected arrivals and unfortunately it doesnt look like any are expected till after the 18th.
Thank you for checking, Kindness... I've been going through the site (via the link you previously shared) and was seeing similar (no deliveries into Sheerness for the next week, at least). You've validated that, so I know it was't just me doing something wrong on the site. :oops:

I do hope that I don't have to wait until after the 18th March as it's a southern delivery! Fingers crossed it's shipped via either of the northern ports and is road transported down :shock:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another week on I'm told the car is still in Germany at the port. The dealer's trying to find out if a boat has been allocated... it's been in port for one week now (wk9 build).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Grahamn said:
Another week on I'm told the car is still in Germany at the port. The dealer trying to find out if a boat had been allocated. But that's it been in port for one week now (wk9 build).
Mine was in Germany for over a week!

It took just under 4 weeks to arrive at my dealer from leaving the production line.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts