Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard this afternoon that build week 6 has been confirmed. Unfortunately I wasn't able to tweak the spec to get the SEAT Sound upgrade fitted... but on the other hand the standard sound system on a Xcellence spec already has 8 speakers so shouldn't sound too bad... if it comes out sounding too mushy I'll just have to take it to a specialist car audio place and get them to replace the speakers!

It's annoying that you can't get the flat loadspace (double boot floor option) except by deleting the spare wheel option which takes out the SEAT Sound upgrade capability. Stupid place to put a subwoofer!

Anyway - I'm looking at delivery in early March!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Not too long to wait then. The SEAT sound system is really good and quite a bit of bass when you put it to the max, however others have said the standard 8 speaker system is pretty damned good too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
On the contrary I think the Seat Sound is pretty poor. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the extra bass from the subwoofer as the speakers aren't much to shout about. Also the only time I can get the volume to what I would call an enjoyable level is through an external source as the volume just doesn't go loud enough through DAB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car audio is a rabbit hole. It's entirely possible to spend insane amounts of money on it; years ago I drove an E30 BMW325i Sport which I'd upgraded with over £1000 worth of Alpine stereo - nothing I've driven since comes remotely close to that system... but as my ears are getting older there comes a point where I wouldn't even be able to hear the difference anyway, so I'm hoping the standard hi-fi will do me fine. :?

In any case, I'm looking forward to the new car - effectively it's 'my first brand new car': the first one I've specified entirely to my own tastes, as opposed to taking one which was available from stock or buying used. My other half had that experience with the first Leon Cupra, over a decade ago now, and now it's my turn! :D We had a big disagreement over the 190DSG vs the TDI150 manual (L 'hates automatics', but of course the DSG is only an automatic in the sense that it can change gear for you if you let it); but in the end I do 95% of the driving these days, so... 95% driving gets 95% of the vote. L got to choose the colour!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
David_S said:
On the contrary I think the Seat Sound is pretty poor. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the extra bass from the subwoofer as the speakers aren't much to shout about. Also the only time I can get the volume to what I would call an enjoyable level is through an external source as the volume just doesn't go loud enough through DAB.
:eek: :shock: wow really, I think my ears would start bleeding if I turned the volume up full on it. I would hate to live anywhere near you or where you pass by in the car if you have it up that loud :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Kindness71 said:
David_S said:
On the contrary I think the Seat Sound is pretty poor. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the extra bass from the subwoofer as the speakers aren't much to shout about. Also the only time I can get the volume to what I would call an enjoyable level is through an external source as the volume just doesn't go loud enough through DAB.
:eek: :shock: wow really, I think my ears would start bleeding if I turned the volume up full on it. I would hate to live anywhere near you or where you pass by in the car if you have it up that loud :twisted:
So you don't turn the volume up full on Dab? Either I'm missing a trick here or your ears are VERY sensitive. :roll: :?: :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
David_S said:
Kindness71 said:
David_S said:
On the contrary I think the Seat Sound is pretty poor. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the extra bass from the subwoofer as the speakers aren't much to shout about. Also the only time I can get the volume to what I would call an enjoyable level is through an external source as the volume just doesn't go loud enough through DAB.
:eek: :shock: wow really, I think my ears would start bleeding if I turned the volume up full on it. I would hate to live anywhere near you or where you pass by in the car if you have it up that loud :twisted:
So you don't turn the volume up full on Dab? Either I'm missing a trick here or your ears are VERY sensitive. :roll: :?: :|
Yep I tried again yesterday on drive home. Turned it up to full on DAB for a minute as all I could take. I turned it down a bit so I could drive without wincing. It was load enough to still have people around me looking with frowns on there faces and mouthing the word 'Dick'. I certainly have not got sensitive ears as the kids are always telling me to go to the docs for being deaf as a post. ;) I think you need to go back to dealers and get them to have a look as either it's setup wrong or you are in fact "deaf as a post" :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Hmmm I'll have another play. The bass is strong enough, just can't get the mids and highs to go as loud as the bass. It all sounds a bit disproportionate. Not really bothered what other people think, I wouldn't turn it up loud during unsociable hours in built up areas and I'm not doing it to gain anyone's attention, just my enjoyment.

I think some of the issue might be that my previous car had a 500W+ Bang & Olufsen sound system in it that was seriously refined if lacking in the bass that the Seat Sound system can produce (no subwoofer).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Kindness did you try out my top post on here with the graphics equaliser

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=343&p=3054&hilit=twigging#p3054

Least mine was overloading too much treble onto the dash speaker so by just cutting back on on one part of the spectrum it started to sound pretty perfect. I keep the focal spot at default and the sub woofer at default. Perk up as showm

I think there is a basic flaw in the crossover to the centre dash speaker so a bit of ruthless hacking of the spectrum gets rid of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Tell said:
Kindness did you try out my top post on here with the graphics equaliser

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=343&p=3054&hilit=twigging#p3054

Least mine was overloading too much treble onto the dash speaker so by just cutting back on on one part of the spectrum it started to sound pretty perfect. I keep the focal spot at default and the sub woofer at default. Perk up as showm

I think there is a basic flaw in the crossover to the centre dash speaker so a bit of ruthless hacking of the spectrum gets rid of it.
Hi Tell, no I think it sounds really good to me but I'm no audiophile, its David_S that thinks it's $hit3. I may try your tweaking though to see if its even finer :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Mine sounded weird without it, trashie sound.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top