Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Our lease car (corsa vxr)is due to go back this year and now is time to start looking at cars.
The Mrs is basically going to be driving to work and back 5 miles each way and local trips and we have seen some really great deals on the 1.0 tsi s.
We want something taller and better mpg.. the vxr achieves 28 mpg at best.

Hoping to get to the dealers this weekend but does anyone have any interior pics of an s?

I see everyone has ordered an se or above. We can't justify the higher spec really for its use but unsure how basic the s is. I'm sure the dealer probably won't have any s 's in.

Also how is everyone getting on with the Ateca's? What mpg are you guys seeing from the 1.0 tsi around town.

Thanks in advance

Reuben

·
Registered
328 Posts
The S is basic. Very basic.

It's the only version that gets a small monochrome screen instead of the colour one. It has air con, but in all honesty not a lot else, apart from the safety kit which is standard on every version.

It also the only version that I personally think looks a bit ugly from the exterior.

Do you really need the space? Could you not get something like a Leon in a better spec for the same money? Ultimately other than space the cars are similar anyway.

·
Registered
328 Posts
From a quick look that I've just had, you can indeed get a Leon SE Tech 1.2 Tsi (110 bhp) for slightly less than an Ateca S on the same terms. Unless the increased space was an essential, I know where my money would be going.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know the differences in spec but the phone link, heated windscreen, top-down camera and Seat Sound have definitely been worth it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
trogette said:
I don't know the differences in spec but the phone link, heated windscreen, top-down camera and Seat Sound have definitely been worth it.
The S is a long long way from those luxuries trogette!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Reuben,
In response to your query regarding mpg, I'm getting 35-38 mpg around town, 40-45 mpg on a run and about 48 mpg driving really carefully on A roads. Been driving diesels for last 20 years so was initially alarmed at the speed the fuel gauge dropped.
Not yet seen an S spec yet so unable to offer a comment.
All in all very pleased with car, quietest I have ever owned!

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'd simply phone around dealers and ask them if they have an S. I called in to Arnold Clark in Uphall/Broxburn yesterday - they had an orange one in showrrom plus red, white and grey one's in the lot.

Didn't look inside the showroom model - exterior-wise it didn't look much different to any other Ateca close up, but looking at those three across the lot? I know it's about as subjective as subject you can get, but to my eyes, out of all the stripped back equipment, it was those 16" alloys which made the car scream " I'm the budget model ". To me it looked out of proportion, but then again it probably makes for a better ride than more expensive Atecas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your honest replies guys.
The deal for the ateca is Much better than the rest of the SUV vehicles we are looking at , so will have a look and also see how much more the se is over this.
Most Leon deals exceed what we have found so far for the Ateca but indeed seem much better specced.

We will certainly be looking at both and if we see a basic s spec I will be sure to get some pictures to share for reference.

Thanks

Reuben

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, dug alittle further.
Standard spec is 16inch alloy wheels, med blue, 5inch screen with Bluetooth, MP3 with USB and sd card ports, Manual air con and cloth interior.
For £500 down and £169 a month for 23m it's cheap motoring to be fair.especially with tax included.
Its alittle cheaper than a leon but prefer the atecas ride height.
As above we will head to a dealer to look at both I reckon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, guys.
not ordered as yet but finally been able to test drive an Ateca.
We drove the 1.4 tsi excellence on 17" wheels. Car was fab, to be fair and very comfortable?
How are people getting on with 18"rims? I have a feeling this was a ploy for a more comfy ride.
We have found a good deal on a 1.4tsi excellence and also a 1.0 tsi se tech. The difference is around 50 pounds a month.
One problem is we haven driven the 1.0 tsi yet!

How are people getting on with these.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Coupedummy said:
Hi, guys.
We drove the 1.4 tsi excellence on 17" wheels. Car was fab, to be fair and very comfortable?
How are people getting on with 18"rims? I have a feeling this was a ploy for a more comfy ride.
We have found a good deal on a 1.4tsi excellence and also a 1.0 tsi se tech. The difference is around 50 pounds a month.

I find the 18" wheels fine for comfort. The wife would have been moaning by now if it wasn't ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Coupedummy said:
Hi, guys.

I test drove a 1.4 tsi excellence on the 18" machined alloys twice and the ride was very comfy, didn't feel overly firm to me at all. It was definitely a softer ride than my current leon which is also on 18" alloys and imo they are a must on the ateca as the standard wheels on all but the SE Tech are boring to look at!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 1.0 se and i was unsure on how it would be as local dealer didnt have any in stock but its fun to drive no problems with being underpowered for me anyway overtaking has been easy mpg is all over the place just now as i have only done 300 miles so far but the average is saying 46.7 today

Also looked at the s but couldnt live with the small screen so went upto se and it has everything i need only downside for me was the daylight running lights as i did not know there was 2 different types one for led headlights and one for the rest of us but have become used to them now still thibk i would have prefered the others if i had known i was only getting the triangles lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Love the fact that you've gone from considering an S to an Xcellence!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hola!

The 18" wheels are fine and I'm glad I didn't get the 19" wheels because it would be a harsher ride on the UK roads (IMHO). The 1.4 Tsi engine is quite powerful for it's size but as yet, not that economical. It should improve over time. The extra comfort and 'toys' are worth paying the extra for (again IMHO).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
Crazy but we're just about to pull the trigger on a lava blue Ateca 1.4tsi xcellence. I think is a good deal on pch.
Your input has really helped.

I have been informed although there is a 16 week waiting list for it tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok,, it's ordered! The long wait now.
Xcellence on pch in lava blue. Standard car but enough toys to mess with.
Eventually to replace our corsa vxr which goes back later in the year

·
Registered
778 Posts
Coupedummy said:
Ok,, it's ordered! The long wait now.
Xcellence on pch in lava blue. Standard car but enough toys to mess with.
Eventually to replace our corsa vxr which goes back later in the year
Good luck with the wait! Although as it's vanilla spec one might come through a lot quick than the rest of us! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok had an update today.
We have been given week 30 as a suggested delivery which to be honest suits us.
If anyone is interested we ordered on March 31st.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts