Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been talked about, has anybody done it ?.

I'm back to reading the German board and they are getting upset on this one. Seems Xcellence doesn't have it, Style it's there. Apparently it was shown in early order lists but dropped. There is an 18 page thread on it. The assumption seems to be that Xcellence people would get the top view camera and wouldn't need it. It's the most busy post under electrics.

Hmmm any one experimented with this. You may find it working on some models and not on others.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the post that kicked it off

Have you ever noticed that the right-hand side mirror does not decrease with this equipment variant?
Lt. BA, a check mark must be set in the menu CAR, function "Rearview mirror and windshield wiper" "Lowering downwards".
This menu item is only available for "Style".
If one the price list / equipment correctly read, this is confirmed.
I am assuming, however, that one can code later.
So I guess that menu option is selective to model.... haven't looked at mine... I'd get cold.

Reckon the more base models will have it Xcellence won't. That's what's being said.

·
Registered
918 Posts
My neighbour has access to VAGCOM and software, so if it's not there it could be parametered in; he's used it to do all kinds on his A6. Much of the options you pay for already have the kit in VAG cars; you're really paying for an option just to be switched on a lot of the time. Cheeky stuff :shock:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I decided to park just using camera earlier

was still on slosh :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
My dealer has said that this option can be enabled by them.

I am undecided - would be interested in others opinions...

·
Registered
918 Posts
wiz2003 said:

Would do it, it least because I'm a cheapskate without top view camera on my Xellence; prioritised other option above that. Either that or his nibs next door to me will have to get the VAGCOM cable & software out & do me a freebie.

Would be keen to know how much the dealer charges :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That seems it's not on the Xcellence then as sort of expected from what was on the German board. We're still waiting to hear from all other models....

I checked the UK spec for June, Sept and November and it doesn't say whether it's available or not and on what models. It's covered on pages 141 and 142 of the manual which is the bugbear.

Have been known to program sat boxes and other things so might have to think about the interface one day.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
When the Leon Mk3 came out the first few months were OK but then it was deleted because of the problems they were having with it. After about 6 months it was reinstated so hopefully the glitch has not appeared again.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you think that the motor operation is built into all of them and just not enabled on the software to do it's spin back up when you pull away ?. It was suppose to be on my old Altea but I never investigated it was enough hassle getting the left and right adjusted so I didn't bother looking.

The S and SE people have been a bit silent so may be in the UK it did get deleted off them as well. I think Magpie couldn't find it on the First Edition. The German board seems to say that it was on everything other than the Xcellence.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ghiggz if it's setup to do it you should find a menu option

>>a check mark must be set in the menu CAR, function "Rearview mirror and windshield wiper" "Lowering downwards"<<

If it's not shown on the Car menu option then it's not implemented although the German thread thought that is was only Xcellences effected.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mine doesn't have it ~ just went out in cold to check

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Saggy.

I think we are having thumbs down from Xcellence owners in the UK, First Editions want Magpie to check again to see whether it's in the menu. We're awaiting Ghiggz with his SE or anybody else.

Might just turn out like the alarm inside panel button nobody has it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
mcderms said:
wiz2003 said:

Would do it, it least because I'm a cheapskate without top view camera on my Xellence; prioritised other option above that. Either that or his nibs next door to me will have to get the VAGCOM cable & software out & do me a freebie.

Would be keen to know how much the dealer charges :D
I got the impression, perhaps naively, that the dealer would just do it.
I also got the impression that this is disabled at the factory when you have top view.

Please let us know if you manage to enable it..
Thanks...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. I think we resolved that it's not implemented on any of the UK Atecas as a screen menu option.

I don't know how the VAGCOM works and interfaces.... think there are some volunteers... There must be a reason why it was dropped out of the design.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've asked the dealer to activate this before delivery and he said that on other RHD Seats the mirror control has to be left in the L position. He'll check when it comes in but might be useful to check.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let us know since some of us have ordered the OBD Android device although we might have rolled our sleeves up before your delivery. Reading the German board the mirror can play up when returning so that may be why it wasn't implemented. One poster took it half way there and cranked their head as a compromise.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.