Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to ask this at my dealership, and explore current Leon and Ibiza rear tinted windows in the showroom. How effective are they? Blocking out the sun and glare for the kids is a plus, but my wife has misgivings about possible car sickness. We were both prone to this as kids ourselves! I know some people who swear by tinted rears for their children.

Just from my own limited experience, some tinted windows make the back very dark, while others seem to appear dark from the outside but perfectly visible from inside out. The cx-3 you could hardly tell from sitting in the back. I think being able to see where you are going definitely helps the car sickness effect, and I wouldn't want tinted windows to become a problem.

Anyone got a VW group car, or preferably SEAT, with tinted windows that could offer up advice? Thanks.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
My 12 year old Altea has tinted rear windows, the Seat factory ones that came with the Sport model. They are fine, you can see out of them and they are dark enough to cover up stuff in the back unless you really look. There is tinted and tinted, people then plaster on other film since is suppose to look cool. I wouldn't worry about defacto manufacturers tinted glass. Good for security.

There are supposed to be legal standards about the amount of tint, Telegraph's Honest John use to go on about it. I would suspect that the fitted glass has the reflective part to it so you can't look in with ease, whilst the sticky film that people put on is like cheap sun glasses. Afraid I agree with Honest John on those people that choose to go over the top.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Shouldn't be an issue then. I know there are some crazy tints out there, but I was fairly certain this wouldn't be the case here. Neither of my two are currently car sick but didn't want to help start it!

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Manufacturer tints seem to work quite well, ones I've been in you can barely tell they are tinted from the inside.

Back in my boy racer days, the limo black film we used to fit you couldn't see in or out of the windows!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts