Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off shortly to go and pick up the beauty! Less than an hour to go! Excited to say the least! :D Missus less enthused as she already got her brand new Mazda 3 earlier this week! She doesn't get the feeling of excitement for some reason! :roll:
 

Registered
Joined
32 Posts
Glad you wait is over, I'm also picking up mine today at 10am, have fun with it.馃榿
 

Registered
Joined
220 Posts
Enjoy :p :p
 

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a beauty! Love it! Spent most of the day taking it for a ride around the city running errands that I'd normally hate doing, but in the beautiful weather (24 degrees!) it's been hard for me to stop! Have even been trying to think of additional errands to run!! :D :D

Only slight issue was the auto stop/start seemed to stop working towards the end of the day and the fan seemed to keep going on for a while after I turned off the engine when we got home. Assuming that's just the engine needing cooling and so stop/start doesn't work then?
 

Attachments

Registered
Joined
1,865 Posts
Congrats

My stop start decided to not stop each time I stopped in the KFC queue today so temp may affect it

The running after turn off could be regeneration of the DPF as once it starts it keeps goin till finish
It happens every so often :)
(Or I might be talking out my back side)
 

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks saggy. Am sure it's nothing, but figured I'd ask :)

Cheers
 

Registered
Joined
579 Posts
Would regeneration really take place after just one day of driving?. Did anyone else experience this?. The Stop Start is specifically designed to ensure that it doesn't operate while a regen is taking place.
 

Registered
Joined
290 Posts
Congrats! Very nice - what was the cover all about then?
 

Registered
Joined
286 Posts
macca138 said:
What a beauty! Love it! Spent most of the day taking it for a ride around the city running errands that I'd normally hate doing, but in the beautiful weather (24 degrees!) it's been hard for me to stop! Have even been trying to think of additional errands to run!! :D :D

Only slight issue was the auto stop/start seemed to stop working towards the end of the day and the fan seemed to keep going on for a while after I turned off the engine when we got home. Assuming that's just the engine needing cooling and so stop/start doesn't work then?
If the stop start is the same as it is in the Seat Leon then It does not kick in when you have the climate control turned on as the climate control needs the engine to be running in order to work correctly.
 

Registered
Joined
1,711 Posts
It depends more on the state of the battery at the time, for example, if you have just used the starter motor, then the voltage on the battery will have dropped temporarily and SS will not work..

I have climate control on all the time and have never had a problem with Start/Stop.
 

Registered
Joined
286 Posts
Fred99 said:
It depends more on the state of the battery at the time, for example, if you have just used the starter motor, then the voltage on the battery will have dropped temporarily and SS will not work..

I have climate control on all the time and have never had a problem with Start/Stop.
Is that when it us on a warm temp or cold? If it works on warm temps then it must be a different system to the Leon as in both Leons I have owned it would not work while heating was on, can't remember if it worked when on cold as it's been too long since it was warm enough to need air con around here! :lol:
 

Registered
Joined
1,711 Posts
It's almost always on cool here (28c today), it's on heating only a dozen times a year. I had a Leon Mk 3 until I got the Ateca and the SS always worked with the climate control on.
 

Registered
Joined
286 Posts
Fred99 said:
It's almost always on cool here (28c today), it's on heating only a dozen times a year. I had a Leon Mk 3 until I got the Ateca and the SS always worked with the climate control on.
I'm pretty sure it is to do with the heating in cooler climates, obviously the engine needs to be running for a few minutes at least to generate heat in uk winter climates, which is probably why for me start stop doesn't kick in as most of my journeys are short distance so the cc still requires the engine to get up to temp.

For example when stopping at lights I nearly always have to turn off cc for it to work on my mk3 Leon Fr, but in the instances where start stop does kick in and cut the engine out, the engine will start up again automatically if the cc is on and it detects the temperature has dropped below the desired setting and the same was true on our mk2 Leon ecomotive which also had start stop and cc. Weather it is to do with the battery or not I don't know, but the heating system definitely does not like the engine being off in the Leon.
 

Registered
Joined
1,865 Posts
tobydog said:
Would regeneration really take place after just one day of driving?. Did anyone else experience this?. The Stop Start is specifically designed to ensure that it doesn't operate while a regen is taking place.
It's distance and driving condition dependent I believe so could well be on first day if done enough miles (300?)
 

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sheet was part of the grand unveiling that they do over here. Apparently it's a thing (which I quite liked). A little cheesy but they hand you the keys and ask you to unlock the car whilst it is still covered up and then the sales guy and his colleague unveil your car! :D

As for the start stop I'm going to check it again today and see what happens.
 

Registered
Joined
286 Posts
macca138 said:
The sheet was part of the grand unveiling that they do over here. Apparently it's a thing (which I quite liked). A little cheesy but they hand you the keys and ask you to unlock the car whilst it is still covered up and then the sales guy and his colleague unveil your car! :D

As for the start stop I'm going to check it again today and see what happens.
It states on page 188 of the ateca owners manual that the start stop system will not engage for a number of reasons including if the engine has not reached the minimum operating temperature for start stop, if the climate control system has not yet reached the disired temperature or if the car is on a steep slope as well as other reasons. Worth a read. ;)
 

Registered
Joined
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Uggzy. Only had the Polish manual until today when I managed to get the English version downloaded. :) wish my Polish was better! Looks like it was a temp issue as working fine yesterday and today. :)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top