Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the keyless keys. I put everything on the passenger car seat so I have my hands to put my toddler in the car seat. Close the doors and then I can't get in. The car has locked but the wind mirrors have not gone in. My toddler is trapped inside and I am just thankful it was a cool day and my partner was just 20 minutes away with spare keys. Is this a fault? Is this my fault? I would leave the keys in the car at petrol stations and close the door for example, mums always have there hands full so the car is supposed to recognise the key is inside. I don't have pockets like men to keep the key on me all the time. The car also didn't recognise the key was in the car first thing that morning so perhaps my clue. Car is only 8 months old, happened about 3 times now. How can I sort this. Is this happening to others? Its dangerous surely.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If the car isn't seeing the key, then at the very least change the battery. And you can squeeze (literally) a 2032 in, which has better characteristics than the standard 2025.

And I suggest that you get into the habit of lowering a window before loading your kid(s) in, that way at least you could reach in to get keys / open doors should the auto-lock happen again.

And yes, it's happening to others (though more usually with the boot - open boot via KESSY, dump bag / jacket with keys in, shut boot, it locks - which is how it would have been before KESSY), and no-one really knows the cause of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am getting old and have had this habit for a few years, I always take both keys out with me, and now with a Seat keyless entry, I put a key in each of my front pockets of my jeans, and of course there is no need to take either key out to get into the car, not even to lock it again either as just touching the handle does that, its a very clever system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts