Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

After several years with my Passat CC, finally took the plunge last Sunday (22.1.2017) and ordered an Ateca 1.4 Xcellence.

Dealer told me today to expect it arriving end of march :)

Looks like lots of good info on here, plenty to drool over until my one arrives.

Regards

Bart...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like you ordered my car - except mine will be 1.4 Petrol and as such is not due until May/June !! Best wishes, hope for early delivery! Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum
You will love your new car

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome.

Same as ours though looking at it now maybe we should have gone for the mudflaps.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome :D Thinking of the mudflaps myself

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome

Me 3 on mud flaps
When the underside of wing mirrors are coated in mud you know it's spraying lol

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Possibly for the move to the country else the cameras would get plastered.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the nice welcome everyone,

I was lucky, when I placed the order, I forgot to add the mud flaps, later I mentioned them to my sales guy, he said they would add them on when the car arrives as a goodwill gesture free of charge.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bart666 said:

I was lucky, when I placed the order, I forgot to add the mud flaps, later I mentioned them to my sales guy, he said they would add them on when the car arrives as a goodwill gesture free of charge.
Bloody hell that is lucky!

Anyone know if it's simple to fit them?

·
Registered
338 Posts
David_S said:
It takes about an hour to fit all four. There is some drilling of holes required. It advises to take front wheels off when fitting but, it can be done by putting on full lock for each front side.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bart666 said:

£160 worth of accessories free of charge? I'd check your invoice when you pay for it. Are you sure they didn't say fitted foc? The price does include fitting! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Leon said:
David_S said:
It takes about an hour to fit all four. There is some drilling of holes required. It advises to take front wheels off when fitting but, it can be done by putting on full lock for each front side.
Bugger that then, I was going to get some off eBay for £55 per set (genuine) but there is no way I'm drilling holes in my brand new car! :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Bart and welcome to Ateca world, by the time your car arrives you will know every thing you need to get the best out of your Ateca, Tell is the Ateca guru on here. ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
David_S said:
Leon said:
David_S said:
Bugger that then, I was going to get some off eBay for £55 per set (genuine) but there is no way I'm drilling holes in my brand new car! :lol:
It's not essential to drill to fit them, and given the size of the fronts, it's not even necessary. With the rears you can drill the underside of the rear bumper to secure them with a screw going up through the flap itself; in both chases the fixings go into pre-existing points in bumpers and wheel arch liners :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bart666 said:

Welcome from me also!

You did well there with the mud flaps. When I placed my order I asked them to include a set of cloth mats, only to find that they come as standard anyway!

I now plan to be really cheeky, and ask them to fit a set of front mud flaps instead, which I think are more important than the rear ones... and i don't think the car would look 'funny' with only one set fitted... or would it :?:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Montala said:
Bart666 said:

Welcome from me also!

You did well there with the mud flaps. When I placed my order I asked them to include a set of cloth mats, only to find that they come as standard anyway!

I now plan to be really cheeky, and ask them to fit a set of front mud flaps instead, which I think are more important than the rear ones... and i don't think the car would look 'funny' with only one set fitted... or would it :?:
The car will look fine with only front mudflaps; in actual fact the fronts are so small you'll barely notice them :D Almost a misnomer to call them mud flaps.....they're more wheel arch liner extensions :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone with 1.6TDI SE can tell me how the performance is?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts