Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at an Ateca and coming from a Nissan Qashqai. Love the 360 view camera on the latter (many other things I don't love so much) and wondered if anyone has experience of the Top View camera option on the Ateca?

Its a pricey option (£650) so not an impulse buy. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You need park assist as well if you want the front ultrasound for when that's better than the cameras. When it's dark. I got both. I say it can park you to withing 3" of where you want to go. You can use it for kerb parking, the knack is to over hang the kerb superimposed mirror image. Good at getting up to yellow lines at the front. Excellent at grid parking in car parks and tucking the cars rear in. I always use it now where I can.

The images are matrixed together from the cameras as you pull in which builds the overview image by changing the projection. Then I normally post up this upside down image as an example, so you position it how you like, no jumping in and out of the car to make adjustments. Front ultrasound sound yellow thanks to the park assist and directions of wheels in orange:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great for parking, but also for pulling out of junctions when your view is obscured by parked cars etc.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I haven't tried that one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In my opinion you should first use your eyes and that rely on the camera. 360 in Ateca is great - especially when I am parking and I do not want to scratch my 19" :) Its also great at night when reversing and parking in our parking lot where there is no light.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I had a nasty moment once when reversing on the rear camera due to the wide angle effect that things are actually closer than they appear but did stop before contact.... I'll pass on using top view at junctions :). Top view is good for wiggling into position when parking, I go for the full plan image on the screen in day light or well lit areas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"You need park assist as well if you want the front ultrasound"

Is this true? Ordered the xcellence with top view, assumed I get the beeps as well as camera? :(

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes that's what came up on the other recent thread. There are so many combination of stuff that can be ordered but that's the case. If visibility is down then you don't have a back up. It's also useful for popping up proximity when you are going past obstacles at a slow speed.

Tail of slight woe here so if you think you need it and have time to add you could consider it

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=862

·
Registered
163 Posts
Loving the 360 camera! Its perfect when you park in the parking lot and you see that you parked well between the lines. I am used to Leon being a smaller car and it would be hard for me now to drive Ateca without the camera.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also love the 360 camera which works much better than the Nissan 360 camera I have used in Infinitis and rather wish I had in my GTR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts