Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who actually has received there car with the tow bar option confirm if it drops down and locks in place as opposed to being permanently in sight when not in use

G

·
Nikkijamie said:
Can anyone who actually has received there car with the tow bar option confirm if it drops down and locks in place as opposed to being permanently in sight when not in use
I can. :) It is pivoting model, which is completely out of sight when not in use. When you pull the switch in the boot, it will drop down, then you have to turn it to the locking position with your hand. You can also use foot to lock it to in-use position, but the storage position is undoable with the foot, you have to stoop down and use your hand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a quick aside - don't put a towball cover on it when in the folded position. As the towball points downwards in the folded position the towball cover holds any water after using a hosepipe after cleaning. Found this out last week and had to clean the towball with a fine wet and dry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have factory tow bar option ordered on my new lease Ateca, I was wondering what number of pin's electric socket to expect, can someone confirm?
Many thanks
Rob

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm sure as with other VW cars it'll be 13 pin and possibly requiring an adapter, but I don't have one on mine so can't confirm 100%.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Per manual (p.263 Nov 16 edition):
The vehicle is fitted with a 13-pole power
socket for the electrical connection between
the trailer and the vehicle.

There is also table which pin has which signal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1970ateca said:
Does anyone know it the pivoting tow bar can be fitted by dealer fitted to an existing car?
Yes it can, it isn't cheap as most Atecas don't have tow bar prep so require wiring looms eye, nearly a full day job.

However, it functions perfectly and hides away or drops down easily at the touch of a button in the boot....much better than a permanent fixed one in my opinion

G

·
pch said:
Per manual (p.263 Nov 16 edition):
The vehicle is fitted with a 13-pole power
socket for the electrical connection between
the trailer and the vehicle.
Yep, that's it. And the 13-to-7 adapter is not included, I had to buy one because basically all trailers in here (also brand new ones) come with the old 7-pole plugs. :|

·
Registered
132 Posts
For the caravanners, the 13 pin socket is fully wired to power the fridge and charge the battery on the move. The software also defeats the smart alternator when a trailer is attached to prevent damage to the leisure battery through charging at too high a voltage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts