Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being blind and can't find original thread

very proud of myself as took a pillar trim off (thanks Ghiggz for where to start prising) and cam in and all very very neat

connected to phone for downloading so don't even have to take it out car

BUT one question

will it just do it's filming and when full start to overwrite the oldest films?

or do I actually have to do something to keep it clear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
They usually record in 3 or 5 minute long files, they fill the card, then just start over writing the oldest files.
So if anything happens you need to keep, rip it off to a backup asap before it's gets over written..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I just went for a drive round block to check view ~ hit download which I presumed was putting it on my phone (wirelessly)
It took a while as big file
showed % downloaded ticking over

came in house and vids not anywhere I can find it on my phone :shock:

it's not in pics or vids and if I open app it say phone now not connected to it wirelessly as out of range

but where the flip did the download go lol !!

user manual and the app have no instructions barely

hmmmmmm puzzled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Easier to take the card out and plug it into your PC! And as you've probably figured, pressing the red button will save a write--protected file covering a short period before and after you press it - as will crashing into something or driving over a really big pothole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a card reader so bought the whole camera in house lol

Found a cable that works in the odds and sids drawer so now downloading from it that way to a transcend file organiser I downloaded :)

Hahahah heard myself hiccup hahahah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Saggy can you put some photos of your install up so i can look at how discrete it looks, i want to fit a dash cam but dont want wires everywhere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
goes up behind headlining (easy gap)


then A pillar trim off and behind it (careful as wires attached to speaker so don't pull off too far although quite a lot of spare)
and then down rubber trim and off behind glove box. I just shoved it upwards and it stayed there. If drops down I'll tie it up





one last clip to keep last bit neat



not bad for a female hey? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Good job Sags..
I've forced the cable into the little recess between the vertical glove box trim and the footwell kick panel, and taken mine further back under the center console and just looped it straight over, but pretty similar...





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't man enough to do the 2 bits where you did Ghiggz

I tried but just couldn't shift it to the left of the glove box or the bit where you got further than me on the centre console

I'm weak

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
goes up behind headlining (easy gap)


then A pillar trim off and behind it (careful as wires attached to speaker so don't pull off too far although quite a lot of spare)
and then down rubber trim and off behind glove box. I just shoved it upwards and it stayed there. If drops down I'll tie it up





one last clip to keep last bit neat



not bad for a female hey? :lol:
Nice job, Saggy! Looks like I'll follow suit with your approach! Not bad - a man following a female lead :shock: :shock: :D :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Good job Sags..
I've forced the cable into the little recess between the vertical glove box trim and the footwell kick panel, and taken mine further back under the center console and just looped it straight over, but pretty similar...





Good job too Ghiggz :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy - can I just check; does your cam still pick up a GPS signal through the heated windscreen? Just wondered before I install mine.

Cars with heated windscreens and Sat Nav have the GPS receiver as part of the aerial on the car rather than in the front part of the dashboard because the screen filaments can reflect or distort GPS signals.

Cheers :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mcderms said:
Saggy - can I just check; does your cam still pick up a GPS signal through the heated windscreen? Just wondered before I install mine.

Cars with heated windscreens and Sat Nav have the GPS receiver as part of the aerial on the car rather than in the front part of the dashboard because the screen filaments can reflect or distort GPS signals.

Cheers :D
my version doesn't have a GPS signal ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
Saggy - can I just check; does your cam still pick up a GPS signal through the heated windscreen? Just wondered before I install mine.

Cars with heated windscreens and Sat Nav have the GPS receiver as part of the aerial on the car rather than in the front part of the dashboard because the screen filaments can reflect or distort GPS signals.

Cheers :D
my version doesn't have a GPS signal ;)
Okely Dokely. Ta :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
mcderms said:
Nice job, Saggy! Looks like I'll follow suit with your approach! Not bad - a man following a female lead :shock: :shock: :D :p
It all depends who is holding the lead!! :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi all, has any one got any pics on where they have put the wires for the dash cam because it seems like all the ones on this feed has been deleted off here.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top