Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Seat Ateca Xperience 1.5 DSG, Rhodium Grey, 2021 / 71
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have been reading in the manual about Travel Assist (page 249 here: https://www.seat.com/datamanual-manual/ateca/my22_w25/en-uk/ATECA_06_21_EN.pdf)

While my vehicle does have ACC and Lane Assist it seems it doesn't have Travel Assist or at least it doesn't have the button as indicated in the Manual
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Font Gadget

My vehicle has the below button in its place
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car

Does anyone know if this is maybe only available on the Lux model. I couldn't see it specifically advertised only for certain models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe this feature is only available on the Lux model. I have an Experience and mine is exactly like the bottom picture and that button brings up all the assist systems

·
Registered
119 Posts
My Xperience Lux hasn't got the button as indicated in the Fig 176 .I thought may be it's for only automatic whereas mine is manual .

·
Registered
253 Posts
I’m the same as the other guys that have replied to you. I have the blank button on my Fr Sport.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So even the Xperience Lux DSG doesn’t have this Travel Assist button! Is this a mistake in the manual maybe?

To be clear I’m talking about the button below the ‘RES’ in the first image I posted

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@vectra I see in your signature you mention Travel Assist. Does your vehicle have the button I am talking about?

Reactions: vectra

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this video of a Seat Leon that has Travel Assist and you can see it has the button I’m referring to.
So either the Atecas don’t have this and the manual is incorrect or only available in certain countries.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My mistake - my Xperience Lux doesn’t have that button.

It says in the 11/20 manual (my car built Nov 20)
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Not really helpful!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So even the Xperience Lux DSG doesn’t have this Travel Assist button! Is this a mistake in the manual maybe?

To be clear I’m talking about the button below the ‘RES’ in the first image I posted
the button below RES that has the car icon on it with the 4 curved lines around it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the button below RES that has the car icon on it with the 4 curved lines around it?
No the other image. The one at the very top of the thread that says ‘Operating Travel Assist’

·
Registered
253 Posts
No the other image. The one at the very top of the thread that says ‘Operating Travel Assist’
I was right the first time when I replied then, I don’t have that button. It will probably be an optional extra or part of a pack which UK Seat don’t allow us to spec our cars other than a couple of things like the panoramic roof, tow bar and spare wheel I think although I might be wrong.

·
Registered
566 Posts
@vectra I see in your signature you mention Travel Assist. Does your vehicle have the button I am talking about?
I will check tomorrow as I haven't used it yet. I will take a photo for you.

Reactions: leeruss

·
Registered
566 Posts
Reactions: RA13

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks @vectra

Yeah so you definitely have Travel Assist, from what I understand actively keeps you in the lane as opposed to Lane assist which is more of a warning and automatic correction if you move onto the line.

So seems in the UK we don't get Travel Assist.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks @vectra

Yeah so you definitely have Travel Assist, from what I understand actively keeps you in the lane as opposed to Lane assist which is more of a warning and automatic correction if you move onto the line.

Which doesn't surprise me ? Makes me furious why we in UK doesn't get the same specs as rest of the world.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Which doesn't surprise me ? Makes me furious why we in UK doesn't get the same specs as rest of the world.
Defo mate our choices are very limited and actually quite poor. It’s not like we are wanting Seat UK to give us the options for free, there must be thousands of customers willing to spend a bit extra to get their car exactly how they want it especially those who will own that car for many years etc.
When I went to Ford to order my Kuga, it was the total opposite from Seat and I could pretty much have exactly what I needed and wanted and that’s what I managed to do.
It would be good in my opinion if Seat allowed us to spec them how we wanted considering that it’s us that pay for them. Sorry rant over 😂

Reactions: DELLFAN

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks @vectra

The thing is, I added a pack which included that.
It was the Safe & Drive XL

Safe & Drive "XL" -
Adaptive Cruise Control - Light Assist - Travel Assist - Traffic Jam Assist - Emergency Assist - Side Assist - Lane Assist Plus - Heated Steering Wheel - Pre-Crash Assist - Traffic Sign Recognition [Only for DSG Engines]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts