Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for some help regarding changing tyres
235/40/19 96y bridgestones fitted at moment but after only 11000 miles all show cracks and are perished DOT 0419 SO NOT EVEN OLD STOCK was looking to replace with
continental 235/40 19 but speed rated at 96w i know the rating is different but as changing all will this set up be legal ? only changing rating as to good a deal to miss

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unless you're doing high speed autobahn runs on your commute to work or whatever then the speed rating is irrelevant. So long as the tyre size and more importantly the load rating is the same then you're all good

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi looking for some help regarding changing tyres
235/40/19 96y bridgestones fitted at moment but after only 11000 miles all show cracks and are perished DOT 0419 SO NOT EVEN OLD STOCK was looking to replace with
continental 235/40 19 but speed rated at 96w i know the rating is different but as changing all will this set up be legal ? only changing rating as to good a deal to miss
Car had its mot last August, got an advisary that all four tyres were like yours, car was 4 years old and done approx 12500 miles not to impressed with Bridgestone tyres, had four new medium range tyres fitted, had no problems, and got 4 tyres for what would have been the price of 2 "named" tyres.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got 28,000 from the Brigestons's on mine, changed to Nexen, covered 14,000 miles and still have 5mm tread, have found no difference in handling ect, and again got the 4 tyres for the cost of 3 branded tyres

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got 28,000 from the Brigestons's on mine, changed to Nexen, covered 14,000 miles and still have 5mm tread, have found no difference in handling ect, and again got the 4 tyres for the cost of 3 branded tyres
I have had Nexens on a previous car, and was really impressed by them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts