Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 miles from home on a pleasant Monday evening and the Tyre Monitoring indicator appeared in inside the rev counter as an Orange colour. I stopped and checked all 4 tyres and they looked fully inflated so I carried on.
Just pulling onto the drive and the indicator turn red with a little message saying "check right type pressure".
Went away for work Monday night (different car) and arrived back Tuesday night, so yesterday morning I jacked up the right-hand side of the car and on spinning both wheels I found the culprit below.
I took the wheel to our local ATS who within the hour were able to repair the tyre, and it's now back on the car. Very impressed with their service.
What annoys me is that I dithered over the "spare wheel" option on the order form and did not tick it. I'll be calling into our local dealers parts department to discuss ordering a spare wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Luckily the Ateca had tyre monitoring!
I had a puncture and did not notice it as it was the rear wheel and traffic was slow. Saw it too late and the tyre was completely wasted.

Happy I ordered the spare wheel on the ateca!

·
Registered
240 Posts
All trim options in Malta include a spare tyre. It's something that all locals look for when buying a new car. Although lately there has been a push on road works becoming a priority, some town roads are full of pot holes while arterial ones constantly develop potholes real quick. I blame it on lack of planning leading to road works carried out just after resurfacing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In case you want to see really bad roads I invite you to visit Belgium

·
Registered
341 Posts
alanl said:
2 miles from home on a pleasant Monday evening and the Tyre Monitoring indicator appeared in inside the rev counter as an Orange colour. I stopped and checked all 4 tyres and they looked fully inflated so I carried on.
Just pulling onto the drive and the indicator turn red with a little message saying "check right type pressure".
Went away for work Monday night (different car) and arrived back Tuesday night, so yesterday morning I jacked up the right-hand side of the car and on spinning both wheels I found the culprit below.
I took the wheel to our local ATS who within the hour were able to repair the tyre, and it's now back on the car. Very impressed with their service.
What annoys me is that I dithered over the "spare wheel" option on the order form and did not tick it. I'll be calling into our local dealers parts department to discuss ordering a spare wheel.
Bad luck but at least it cost you £25 vs £150! The space saver spare wheel comes in kit from i believe the Leon ST and for 18. You can buy online from:

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/category/SEAT_Spare_Wheel_Kits,b.html

But your dealer might be the better bet for postage!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My gripe is that workmen mending our main road didn't check that they had returned all their tools to their toolbox hence we went over the lower part of a screwdriver this being 6" long. We had the tyre repaired by a tyre company that the ESure people took us too but the tyre doesn't stay pumped up long enough for us to get to Kings Lynn where SEAT dealer is in order to get the tyre which fits our car. i went out to look at the tyre this morning only to find it had gone entirely flat, so how we are getting to Kings Lynn is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pally said:
My gripe is that workmen mending our main road didn't check that they had returned all their tools to their toolbox hence we went over the lower part of a screwdriver this being 6" long. We had the tyre repaired by a tyre company that the ESure people took us too but the tyre doesn't stay pumped up long enough for us to get to Kings Lynn where SEAT dealer is in order to get the tyre which fits our car. i went out to look at the tyre this morning only to find it had gone entirely flat, so how we are getting to Kings Lynn is anyone's guess.
https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/mobile-tyre-fitting - probably cheaper than dealer pricing too ;)

(not an endorsement, other mobile tyre fitters are available, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
931 Posts
alanl said:
'
Just goes to prove why I think spare tyre, certainly on the on Ateca makes economic sense. Forget about the debate concenrning practicality of inflation kits -v- spare, here we have a simple fix where the original tyre can be saved (National Tyres will do it for free! just pay for valve and balancing - approx £10). If we use the std emergency inflation kit, a perfectly good tyre such as the above would be trashed and as we've seen in another thread it's replacement would cost well over £100 + you'd have to replace the bottle of sealant on the inflation kit :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does tyre monitoring indicator alert for all the tyres or just the blown one?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Bagheera said:
As per the space saver thread my experience yesterday with a flat tyre, it tells you which tyre is losing pressure. Mine said "front left tyre has lost pressure"

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
In Spain, you get a three year warranty on your tyres. It covers 100% of the replacement cost and covers damage caused by sharp objects, kerb damage and vandalism.

I assume, as no one has mentioned this so far, that it is not an option in the UK - possibly due to the proliferation of potholes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Bagheera said:
As per the space saver thread my experience yesterday with a flat tyre, it tells you which tyre is losing pressure. Mine said "front left tyre has lost pressure"
Thank you. Good to know that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fred99 said:
In Spain, you get a three year warranty on your tyres. It covers 100% of the replacement cost and covers damage caused by sharp objects, kerb damage and vandalism.

I assume, as no one has mentioned this so far, that it is not an option in the UK - possibly due to the proliferation of potholes.
How generous. Here, you are blamed easily of any car you purchase. Dealers strictly resist upon taking the blame when things go wrong. They just say "it's driver's fault, nothing wrong with the car/tyres/factory/brand etc."

·
Registered
579 Posts
On my other half's Mini she had the option to purchase wheel and tyre protection from the dealer. I can't recall the details.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fred99 said:
'
So when it comes for time to replace tyres, owners simply slash their tyres and claim vandalism? Can understand warranty from manufacturing defects but if we're talking vandalism / kerb damage / sharp objects! How do they fund the insurance cover for this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tim The Pines said:
They might have the insurance but they dont have any 215-50-18 Tyres

Tim
I know i think is going to a real problem in the coming months or years unless the 215-50-18 starts gaining in popularity or at least one of the largest tyre suppliers in the UK stocks them!!

This 'bespoke' tyre size that SEAT have fitted and not mentioned in any of the reviews whatsoever in my opinion is a real negative against car

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
So when it comes for time to replace tyres, owners simply slash their tyres and claim vandalism? Can understand warranty from manufacturing defects but if we're talking vandalism / kerb damage / sharp objects! How do they fund the insurance cover for this?
That's a possibility. Personally, I couldn't care less how they fund it, presumably it comes out of their profits.

They were happy to give me an extra free 2 year warranty and 4 years free servicing and roadside assistance (and that was from SEAT, not a special dealer promotion).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got 3 year tyre insurance with my Ateca through my dealer.

I also had it on my Sportage. My wife's Mini also covers damage to the alloys as well as the tyres.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts